SOOO I Fucked Up.

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by MostlyReputable, Feb 13, 2016.

1. I had 15/16 seeds germinate, so off the bat im kind of worried, didn't think they would all germ because some looked immature.
    --ITs been 5 days since I planted the seeds in some rapid rooters. I watered them once when the majority of the sprouts came in, and then let them dry yesterday, because I transferred today into coco.
    -When transferring, I noticed the taproot on the majority of the seedlings had either started to dry up or had dried up back to the rooter. Only 2 or 3 had only the taproot coming out, the rest had a decent amount of roots.
    -----Am I completely fucked, or do I have a chance of them growing normally?

2. You'll be fine. You may lose that little bit of the root which was sticking out of the rooter, but everything else up inside the rooter will be fine and will grow out and do their job.

3. #3 MostlyReputable, Feb 13, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 13, 2016
    Thank you sir. I wasn't sure if the plant can grow a new taproot or not, I major in chem, not bio lol.
    --Do you think that whole root chute will die or the rest of the same root that's still alive will still do its job?
    ____SIDE NOTE: I don't think ill use rooters again, it was easy to germinate, but they dry out way too easily. I soaked seeds for 24 hrs then popped in the rooters, a day later, voila.

4. The damaged part may still recover but at worst it would die and break off, with a new growing tip forming at the break. I use a mister or spray bottle to keep my starters moist. Just a daily spritz until about two days after the seedling shows itself. I have been using rockwool to germinate and usually get a seedling in 48-72 hours, no soak.

5. -Good, I didn't know how much damage was done or if it would recover.
    I transferred them two days ago on the 12th, but some seem to have stalled. I think this is normal for transfer but should resume within a couple days?

-And I shouldn't need nutes until the little round leaves die? Because one of them is looking like the tops of the leaves are burned or something.

6. Pic?

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum mobile app

7. Generally I add nutes after about two sets of leaves are out, or two nodes.

~GHG~

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum mobile app

8. Yeah, the little round leaves you are referring to are the cotyledon, and yes, they feed the plant for about the first two weeks. Around that point I transfer starters into 8" pots with coco. (I grow full cycle in coco, not soil.) When I do that, I also give them a dilute feed of Clonex. The plant has roots at that point and can start to take in nutrients, but you shouldn't push above 10% concentration at this point because the plant just can't do anything with more and will just burn.
    The plants will encounter mild shock during a transplant and growth will slow, but should recover within a few days. When I transfer the 8" pots into their final growing pot for veg, I give them a shot of Thrive Alive, which has some B vitamins and such to help them overcome the shock and recover quicker.

9. Ok, so the mj2 pic is the one with the burned looking leaves, I moved it farther away from the light and it seems to be growing fine now.
    -They have 2 days more of growth than when these pics were taken and the 3rd set of leaves should be in by tomorrow or the next day, but they are just barely coming in, so should I wait until they grow fully or just till they come in and they next set starts growing to add nutes?
    --The others I posted because they are looking a little bit lighter green than they should be, im wondering if its because im using 50/50 RO/tap water right now. I didn't want to use full RO till I start using nutrients.

Attached Files:

• MJ2.jpg
      MJ2.jpg
      File size:
      761.9 KB
      Views:
    • MJ5.jpg
      MJ5.jpg
      File size:
      668.2 KB
      Views:
    • MJ1.jpg