Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Sooo I decided to make some QWISO

Discussion in 'Marijuana Consumption Q&A' started by deakster, Jul 13, 2012.

1. This is the first batch I have ever made. Used 91% iso in a plastic ziploc bag and a coffee filter. I washed my grinder and vape wand and that made the iso a lightish yellow/green. I then washed my spoon and it changed to the color of the pic. Does this look ok? From the pics I have seen from other people, none of the washes have turned out like mine:confused:

Attached Files:

2. Looks about right for reclaimed vape honey and keif.

Let it dry and evaporate and scape that shit up.

3. Let it sit outside for a couple hours and this is what I got..........having second thoughts on smoking this. What is all the black/brown shit and where did it come from????

Attached Files:

4. that's just how it tends to evaporate i believe, doesn't do it evenly. i wouldn't worry about it. wait another day if you want to make sure all the ISO has evaporated but other than that it should be fine

5. i think the sun turns it that reddish color

6. scrape that shit and smoke it.

7. Quick question.....How long do you guys normally wait until you scrape the QWISO??? Ive read from 3 hrs to a week

8. i scraped mine around 8 hours. i just let it evap overnight.

9. Aight, thanks bro

10. Once it's all dry you scrape. But why would you clean your spoon??? That's just carbon and suit and will only lead to an inferior product.

11. Damn I had no idea. I read to clean all ur shiz with alcohol then use that for QWISO.

Would you have used the vape wand or not?

12. Wait it's that easy to make hash?I have all those things except enough weed to do it sitting around my house, Tell us how it smokes bro I'm interested

13. #13 Ratio, Jul 14, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 14, 2012
    next time to seperate evap plates for each different wash, then youll have 3 differernt qualitys, some near oil quality (like from the keif in your grinder), and other less potent stuff (like from your bowl and wand) perfect for cooking with.

and you can take it even farther by doing 3 seperate washes for each object. (1 quick wash thats under 30 seconds for highest quality, then a minute wash for stuff thats smokeable, and then a 5 minute wash for hash that you wanna cook with)

and about the evap, it usually dosent take longer than 4 hours, if it does that means you got alot of water in your batch. to make sure ALL the liquids gone you can double boil it for 5 min or so, dont over do it bc youll boil off some of the active ingredients (usually when you can smell the iso in the air its done)

14. Yea man, will do. I will prob put some pics up later when Im vaping it:D:D:D

15. Thanks for the advice bro. I will def do the different plates for my next batch:yummy:

16. did you filter it?

If not that would explain the "chunks"

17. Yea, I used a coffee filter

18. hmmmmmmmmmm interesting lol. Id say its probably just some random evaporation thing clumping it up

19. Im thinking it had something to do with my bowl. That thing was dirty as fuck

20. ah, i didnt read that you did it on a pipe as well. Yea... its the different forms of oil you have. One is condensed smoke, the others are condensed vapors/plant resins. So they collected differently as it evaporated haha