Soon to be growing again - need strain suggestions

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by tokeymctokems, May 12, 2012.

1. I am not ready to set up a grow just yet but i will be soon (in the next 3-4 months). I have though been preparing. My new set up will be a 5x5 grow tent with a 1000w MH/HPS light.

I believe my first grow will be original berry by kannabia seed bank (I already have these seeds in my possession)
    Original Berry | Kannabia Seed Company
    I am taking recommendations on other strains so here is your chance to put in your 2 cents on future grows I am looking for a
    Sativa
    Indica
    A good all around mix of both Sativa and Indica
    A very purple strain

So 4 requests for 4 different strains (and seed banks they come from if you would be so kind)
    Please remember potency is #1 - the more potent the better
    Duration of effect is #2 - the longer lasting the better
    Feminized is #3 - I prefer to get feminized so I pretty much know how many plants I will have from beginning to end.
    baring those - all else being equal low odor and quick growing time and ease of growth is a plus!!
    I will of course be growing indoors and it will be a soil grow.

Well it is freaking great to be back all and please let me have your suggestions!!

2. Cant help much but for a sativa, that Swazi Skunk I grew was pretty aweome and a huge output. Other than that I would want a blue dream. some great tasting stuff.

3. Awesome - thanks man - any idea which seed bank i should look into for those?

Everybody else please keep the suggestions coming!!

4. i got the swazi from seedsman

5. Awesome I will be looking into that strain - thanks man!!

6. wait a minute........the one you linked is only "15 - 18 %".

! Buy Cannabis Seeds Online - Herbies Seeds Updated:13/05/2012 - Cheap Marijuana Seeds UK

anything from barney's is awesome (from what i've experienced so far)

22%

! Barneys Vanilla Kush Feminised Seeds - Barneys Vanilla Kush Feminised Seeds - Updated:13/05/2012

24%

! Barneys L.S.D Feminised Seeds - Barneys L.S.D Feminised Seeds - Updated:13/05/2012

25%

! Barneys Pineapple Chunk Feminised Seeds - Barneys Pineapple Chunk Feminised Seeds - Updated:13/05/2012

another 25%

http://www.herbiesheadshop.com/barneys-tangerine-dream-feminised-seeds-2741

yeah, also keep up with your cannabis cup winners. they win for a reason hehe.

7. TGA's, "Querkle"
    ...you will be happy...

8. Durban posion hasn't got much THC in it, but it is one of most psychodelic strains i have ever smoked! I am growing it outdoors together with early skunk and purple maroc :)

9. Yeah I got that on sale - also this will be my first grow in over a year in a half when i start (should be about 3 months) so i will be re-starting my grow with that.

10. Thank you all for the suggestions - keep them coming please - the more input I have the better!!

11. Attitude seed bank.
    Sativas take longer and can be a little finicky to start with. Are you a new grower or do you have experience?
    If a noob (shit even if not) cruise through here since you've got time before you start. Do a little reading and save yourself some headaches later.

http://forum.grasscity.com/indoor-m...row-advice-member-cheap-old-basterd-club.html

Sativas: super lemon haze, Cinderella 99, sour d

Hybrids: white widow, super skunk (from nirvana seeds) white rhino, anything with northern lights (aurora indica) and Soooo many more

Indicas: critical +, blue widow, la confidential

Purple: Ken Estes just released seeds of his GDP. They have em at the tude. They're the original grandaddy purp.

Remember it's not all about high THC content but also the CBD content which isn't always listed but it has a big impact on the high.

Good luck and have fun.

12. Thanks for your input. I have a few grows under my belt and i feel confident i can grow most strains in soil with few issues, I am not a pro yet but not quite a noob anymore either. I always do a grow journal so I have the entire GC community at my back for help when i need it (Thanks all) . +REP for the input (for everybody who gives input also - so keep those suggestions coming!!!

13. The plant grows huge. I flipped the switch at about 21" and they ended up at about 55" They were over my head in the 5 gal bucket. Got a few buds that were softball size around and about a little taller than a two liter soda thingy. Have a look at my first grow ( i think its in my sig) I got lots of pics. It was a beautiful thing. It hermied though so I ended up with about 50 or so seeds out of 20 ounces. Not sure if that means they are feminized or not. Got 20 ounces out of three plants. One was 8.5 ounces.

14. Barney's farm blue cheese for indica. Looks killer, smells complex, highly potent, and most importantly, you don't "get used to it" over time like some strains. If you don't want to spend the money, risk any cheese strain.
    I don't have enough pure sativa grows to recommend the best strain there.

15. Sensi Star - Paradise Seeds
    Liberty Haze - Barneys Farm
    BlackJack - Sativa Seeds
    Kandy Kush - Reserva Privada
    Grapefruit Krush - Emerald Triangle

16. Thanks fellas, keep them coming guys and gals the more the merrier.

17. ...Nirvana's, "Pure Power Plant" <--- one of my all time favorites! :wave:

ppp 1.jpg

ppp 2.jpg

ppp 3.jpg

ppp 4.jpg

ppp 5.jpg

ppp 6.jpg

ppp 7.jpg

ppp 8.jpg

ppp 9.JPG

18. Nice looking bud, but damn, those have to be some of the smallest plants I have seen in bud.

19. ...my technique is what they call a 'true' perpetual SoG.

GHS', "Trainwreck"

GHS, Trainwreck.jpg

GHS, Trainwreck (2).jpg

GHS, Trainwreck (3).jpg

GHS, Trainwreck (4).jpg

GHS, Trainwreck (7).jpg

GHS, Trainwreck (8).jpg

GHS, Trainwreck (9).jpg

GHS, Trainwreck (10).jpg

20. ...this is how it works ;)

true SoG.gif