Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Songs that remind you of another time in your life when youre high?

Discussion in 'Seasoned Marijuana Users' started by grindandunwind, Aug 5, 2013.

1. I can't work it out but it seems like when I listen to a song that I had an obsession with at one point I get this sort of weird feeling like my body is trying to know what its like to be back in those days again but at the same time struggling to remember (because, I admit, I haven't got the greatest memory.. At all)

All the point in times i smoked weed as well which is an added spin-out factor... Obviously.

Anyone else get this?

2. I definitely know what you mean when you say this, I feel the same way!  Whenever a song comes up that I was obsessed with a few months/year back, it is almost reminiscent of a different stage of life; what I was going through and the thoughts that went through my mind when I listened to it back then.  When this happens, it always seems to send a shiver up my spine, but in a good way, because I really enjoy thinking about those memories. 

3. Its called nostalgia dude haha. I have it sober and high. Mostly sober actually.

4. Way of Light - The Gift of Gab

Untrust Us - Crystal Castles

I hate your boyfriend - Murs

Turn to Stone - Joe Walsh

Badfish - Sublime

5. Same time every time

http://www.youtube.com/watch?nomobile=1&v=mYQHqLuWuig

6. metallica - hero of the day
    311 - flowing
    lil flip - sunshine
    nwa - 8ball
    beastie boys - high plains drifter, song for the man
    ministry - 10/10
    the pied pipers - dream
    lagwagon - may 16th

7. I can't help but recall my childhood when I listen to Nirvana.

Daaamn, good word... 

9. Yep! It's nostalgia. Soooo many songs just give me that chill and I just bask in my memories. The best is when I'm high and I listen to a song that I listened to when I started smoking. 

10. Never heard of nostalgia OP? That makes me feel old as hell lol

I've always been more of an album guy than individual songs; but whenever I hear Stars are Projectors from Modest Mouse I feel like I'm walking home through Memorial Park at midnight back in my Junior year, miss those days; life was so much simpler..

11. Music is amazing, there are some songs I can't even listen to anymore because of the memories I've attached them too.

12. Wutang clan reminds me of smoking out in h.s and linkin park for some of my best adult times.

sent from the mind of a ninja using Grass city forums

13. I know exactly what u mean OP. Sometyms I wud spin an old album from my hard drive folder and get flashbacks of the great moments I used to have that cud hv been associated with those particular songs at some point in my life..ie, concerts, house parties, barbecues or smoking sessions etc...

14. many slightly stoopid songs

15. Strangely David Bowie takes me right back to when I was three....

16. Kanye west graduation was my smoking album. Now every time I hear any song from that album I think about those days when that's all I did was smoke.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum mobile app

17. Bandelero- Slightly Stoopid

Dear god I had such a huge obsession with this song when I first started smoking. Every time I listen to it, it reminds me of hitting my first bong and just getting high as shit. :) Good memories

18. Champion - Buju Banton

Love Sosa - Chief Kief

Bam Bam - Sister Nancy

Herbalist - Alborosie

....Good Times 

19. Hard candy by counting crows

Man on the moon by Kid Cudi

Brain damage by Pink Floyd

Screams in Caves by Polar Bear Club

Reefer Party by Wiz

No Sleep by Wiz