Songs that have deep, extreem meaning to you?

Discussion in 'Music genres, Bands and Artists' started by CBDASynthase, May 11, 2009.

1. #1 CBDASynthase, May 11, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: May 11, 2009
    For me i tend to "Song Binge" (meaning i listen to the same few songs over and over again.). At first i do this becuase i like a song and cant get enough of it. Then i do it because it becomes associated with memorys. These memorys are so intense its as if i was actually there. The can bring me to tears, or to joy.

Here are some songs, what the remind me of, why, and a scale of 1-10 on how high the emotion is, 1 being the lowest, 10 ++ being the highest.

Song-Artist: What it reminds me of (level of emotion)
    Why: Why it reminds me of that.

Lonely-Akon: AmittyVille horror (3)
    Why: becuase i did a school project on it when i was "binging" on that one song.

Kush-Lil Wayne: Working Out On The precore (olyptical).(7)
    Why: When living with my dad i often listend to this song while he made me work out.

Ecstacy-Bone-Thugs-N-Harmony: My 9th grade P.E class, and being cold. (10)
    Why: this kid showed me this song, he was in my 9th grade P.E and he introduced me to it in the winter, so i binged on it while i was in PE and freezing my @$$ off.

Ravers Fantasy-Tune Up!: Six Flags and my friend gabby(7)
    Why: i was at six flags with my friend gabby, she introduced me to XTC and we had some at 6 flags, as our "trip" started we listen to this song on goliath(the ride)

Viva-La-Vida-Coldplay: Santa Paula, CA / Rehab (7)
    Why: i went to rehab in Santa Paula ,CA and we listened to this song while in the car..

Blister In The Sun - Violente Femms: See "Viva La Vida" (9)

Stronger-Kanye West: Getting up for school in the morning (2)
    Why: i have no idea

Crank Dat Souja Boy -Soulja Boy: Good/Bad Times with my old friend Mike. (8)
    Why: we jammed to this song all the time.

Lollipop-Lil Wayne & Sky High-DJ Zany &I See Stars-DJ Sammy: DXM Trip (10+)
    Why: Becuase i listend to those songs when strung out on DXM.

Clocks-Coldplay: My HighSchool best friend Mark (8)
    Why: he loved this song

Hey Jude-The Beatles: a childhood play i was in
    Why: this song was sang by me in the closing scene.

Love In This Club-Usher: Being i low-life strung out on DXM/Stealing from drug stores. (6)
    Why: I would listen to shity radio stations that played "top songs" while in the car with my dad, just waiting for an opportunity to steal some cough medicine from CVS.

No Air-Jordan Sparks/Chris Brown: See "Love in this club" (10++)

Californication-Red Hot Chili Peppers: Oakley Thumps (6)
    Why: The first song i put on my first pair of Oakley Thumps

All Along The Watchtower-Jimi Hendrix: Forrest Gump/Toking
    Why: while the song is in Forrest Gump, and i love that movie. Also "Forrest Gump" used to be my keyword for smoking.

weird enough, not many remind me of toking..

I Have way more, wanted to know if you guys have any songs like this? on a scale from 1-10 how powerful is the emotion?

2. i seem to "song binge" to in a way its realy weird.

1.Lil Wayne - me n my drank
    realy good song when im on dxm or "robotrippin"

2.Young Jeezy - still on it
    makes me feel badass when im blazed lol

3.Lil Wyte - highest one
    amazing song high or sober, especialy if u know the lyrics.

not sure if im posting this right but ill add more when they come to mind hahaa

3. Yah same for me with the me and my drank.

Anyone else?

4. Time we had - The Mother Hips. All Metallica.

5. #5 Xero16, May 12, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: May 12, 2009
    Dude, you should try song binging with GOOD music. Musical affiliations aside I do the same thing, except usually artists instead of just one or two songs. I'm on a big Black Keys, Clutch, Mogwai kick right now.

Mogwai - Golden Porsche The best way to spend under 3 minutes in your entire life.

Edit: You partially redeemed yourself, just saw Hendrix on the (bottom of the) list.

6. I Agree, i binge on shity music, for some reason i like the songs becuase of the memorys associated. i do have a good music collectiong, just not much with memorys.

F.Y.I

my music collection consists of

The Beatles
    Jimi Hendriz
    Sublime
    (call me a fag) lil wayne
    Bob Marley
    The Greatful dead (only a few songs i like)
    Pink Floyd (only when im high, but thats most of the time)
    String Cheese Incident (only a few songs)
    The Doors

And the list goes on....

:hello:

7. I stick to the roots of music... Modernization of different genres seems a little too innovative to me... I like underground simple rap. Good rhymes, no straining voices or glitchy pop sounds. Same with rock, i like old classic rock.

Nas
    Mobb Deep
    Immortal technique
    Atmosphere
    Jedi Mind tricks
    rhymefest
    Red Hot chili Peppers
    RAGE AGAINST THE MACHINE
    led zeppelin
    hendrix
    doors
    etc
    Its good to keep an open mind to all types of genres... i think you can find good music in all genres

8. Kid A - Radiohead (10)

this song reminds me of when me and my friends first started smoking. really good times. every time i listen it takes me back, its very powerful

9. Modest Mouse- Dramamine
    El Ten Eleven- My Only Swerving
    - both songs helped me cope/overcome the death of my grandfather. everytime i listen to those sogns my eyes get a little watery.