Songs our fathers stoned to

Discussion in 'Music genres, Bands and Artists' started by SlightlyStonedStranger, Feb 27, 2016.

1. I'm making this thread because I think a lot of classic toking music is being overlooked by contemporary grooves. Don't get me wrong, modern music is fine and all. But sometimes I feel the best way to fully enjoy that joint is to also surround yourself in older music.

So what music do you think your dad smoked to? I know my dad liked Fleetwood Mac and Creedence Clearwater Revival. I personally enjoy toking up to some Tom Petty or Steve Miller myself

• Like Like x 3
  2. Pops likes Simon & Garfunkel, Pink Floyd of course, Lynyrd Skynyrd, Led Zeppelin, Ect

Sent from my SM-T320 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

3. One song that he'd listen to alot, that I really liked was Black Oak Arkansas's 'Jim Dandy to the rescue'.

4. My pops was a conservative evangelical and didn't smoke or drink at all.

My moms on the other hand, was a Deadhead. Tie dye, homegrown, grilled cheese and all. She dug a lot of folksy stuff. Bob Dylan, Leonard Cohen and of course the Grateful Dead. Softer rock too, Fleetwood Mac, the Doors and then poppier new wave such as Blondie, the Cure and Madonna. I heard lots of Tchaikovsky, Beethoven, Mozart and Handel growing up, too.

• Like Like x 1
  5. to this day my pops is still old school, so he prolly turned on some east indian music, he hates American music

6. I asked him he said booty butt bitches by thugnificent.. idk what pops is talking about to be honest.

7. #7 BongLordJoshyBoy, Mar 31, 2016
    Last edited: Jun 12, 2017

8. The Cure, the Doors, Jimi Hendrix, Pink Floyd

• Like Like x 2
  9. When I was younger grateful dead was on all the time so was bob marley

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G925A using Grasscity Forum mobile app

10. My dad said he was into metallica, acdc, doors, and some others.

Not my style, doors is ok.

11. my pops was part of that mid 70's party generation

12. Lol my dad was a stoner in his teenage years now he's a hardcore church minister hahaha. He doesn't mind that I smoke but tells me just to not get into any trouble. I do wonder what he jammed out to? Maybe some Hispanic hip hop.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum mobile app

13. Neil Young - Everybody Knows This Is Nowhere

14. I am Your Father

• Like Like x 1

15. I can go all day

• Like Like x 1