Song of the Stoner (my high Idea)

Discussion in 'General' started by GTea, Mar 22, 2009.

1. Ok I know this deals with music but its more for people who don't play an instrument but do like smokin j's, blunts, bowls, pipes etc. And I think its about time that we as the culture we are have a song or group of songs that are known in the regions we all habituate (proper usage?) to let ppl who are in the know, know we smoke and its cool to hang.

I say this b/c i see all these ppl comein onto this forum asking how to meet ppl who smoke for ppl to chill with, learn from, or buy from w/e. So I was thinking that ppl always associate musicians with drugs lol and they usually define stoner musicians from other ones by the music they listen to/play. Therefore being a guitarist I was like dood I usually jam with ppl who play the sam genre of music I do and I usually smoke with ppl who have the same interests I do. So I figured why not come up with songs for musicians to jam to when their looking to smoke a J or w/e and it could be like a calling for other stoners to come and hang out :D Heres an illistration

Say your in college and they have an arts center for music and the such. Most of the musicians hang there, smoke there, and just chill. Your looking to toke up and meet new ppl at the same time but you don't know who to approach and don't wanna seem sketchy. So you bust out your instrument of choice (guitar in this instance) and start playing say "Talkin blues" by Bob Marley (Stereotypical I know but its just an Idea of a good song) and the other ppl who smoke go hey man thats the Jam. A nod or w/e an offer to Jam and there you go. Hooked up with smoke buddies and some good music.

Now for ppl who don't smoke or are new to the scene. Your in college (again) you either have never smoked, smoked and are dry, or just lookin for some ppl to chill with. Your walkin around your musical arts building looking for all those "Stoner Musicians" ppl have been telling you about on that forum *cough Cough* GC *Cough*. So your walkin around and again dont wanna ask the wrng ppl or look sketched out. So you happen to know the song that is unique to the culture. You take a seat in a jam area and listen. You hear the song go over to the group and go hey man cool song______w/e fillin the blank. And BAM There you are hooked up with some good smoke buddies again. Hell you might even learn something about music.

Now you might ask "But Gtea what about those of us who don't exactly view the music scene like you? what if we rap and dont play an instrument?" Well i got an answer for that too. See If you read the begining you'll notice I said "the regions we habituate" so if your home town or street is into hip hop then the "Song of the Stoner" would be a certain Rhym or Phrase. I don't know much bout rap or how things go down in that particular style of music but you catch my drift hopefully.

Lastly you might ask "Well okay say this works say that each state or w/e has a song or group of songs that indicates good Herbage. But how does it become universal, how do ppl find our what the "Florida Stoner Song" is if they live in say Boston?" easy we vote on it in this forum and look at a list that is complied by state and in the future by county. Then we take the songs we chose on the forum and spread um throughout our
    (Fucked up spacing sry)
    music communities and do our damndest to spread it through our state. And soon each state, city, county, and town will have its own song that represents the Culture within :D and ppl wont have to worry bout who they ask or finding some precious MJ again.

Give all the feed back you can improve the idea post your own cause i think this could turn into something cool. Of course if we have really talented musician we could always write a song for stoners.