Son of a bitch.....

Discussion in 'Bongs, Dab Rigs, Bubblers, Water Pipes' started by chachie, Jan 1, 2013.

1. No, you just believe your shop guy when he tells you it's all local. :rolleyes:

2. All the shops I've been in have always had some cheap china glass. I like it because when I'm vacation somewhere I can just pick up a cheap 3-5$ spoon an throw it away when I'm done.

3. Yeah I've never seen a shop that doesn't carry cheap glass. Anyway, OP..if you're gonna get a piece like that, the simpler the better
    I have a bong that looks almost exactly like that without the perc, its lasted me for years

4. Yea, most shops carry some cheaper glass because not everyone can afford the $$ for local made stuff.

My favorite dispensary carries some glass that a lady makes and brings in. Really nice stuff for a low price!

5. Ya this is what I can afford for now but ill be buying again in a few months so I can save a few hundred and do it right. And I normally don't buy at shops. I have a guy that blows glass locally that makes most of my pieces for me. But alas, he does not have a lathe yet. :(

6. Quite the cynic huh?

Josh at Legacy in Duluth won't stock any glass in his shop if he doesn't have proof it was blown in the USA.

There are shops that pride themselves on selling quality glass art, and let lesser shops worry about making huge profits from imported glass. Whether someone on the GC forums believes this... I guess I don't really care in the end, but I'll always support local glassblowers.

[​IMG]

7. 42 degrees in Ann Arbor sells some cheaper china and they are top 5 in the country. I don't know why people support local blowers if they suck. My roor and mobius were both made Cali, certainly not local. I support my country, not my zip code.

8. Well I am glad for this guy that he can do this.

Most shops sell stuff from China but I am glad someone can make a living selling only US stuff.