Sometimes marijuana makes me happy, other times it makes me depressed?!?

Discussion in 'Fitness, Health & Nutrition' started by Frankie2017, Oct 12, 2018.

1. I’m confused as to why all of a sudden when I smoke, I’ll never know if it’ll make me happy or depressed. It does both. And sometimes initially I’ll be happy then I will turn sad. And you all say marijuana helps with depression I beg to differ. Not always. I don’t smoke that much, maybe a half gram to at the very most a gram and that’s mostly on weekends. So I don’t understand what’s going on. Any ideas?

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

• Like Like x 1
  2. I’m sure it has to do with your mood before you smoke.
    Put some music on when feeling sad, it helps a lot.
    Maybe try a different strain?
    What’s making you feel sad?
    Sometimes we leave unsolved problems or worries in the past without resolving them and they come as sad waves when you least expect them.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. Makes sense but this is a little different. No irritability or much anxiety just feel depressed for really no reason I can think of sometimes when I smoke up. Like you said, it’s probably not the weed directly, I’m sure it’s an underlying cause that needs treated. Because weed has always made me happy and feel great until a I ran into the times in which it makes the depression manifest and/or seems to worsen it. Most of the time I feel ok when I smoke but it’s about 1/5 times I get depressed and VERY lethargic. Even if it’s a sativa.

4. Hmm
    I'd say change your daily routine
    Find something that keeps you motivated
    I've suffered from very bad depression and the only thing that has kept me safe of that area is finding something that you´re excited about, invest time on it and when you see progress, you'll find the motivation to keep going and so on.
    Try smoking less for a bit and see what happens.
    Good luck

5. "Weed" is trying to tell you something.
    Rather, your mind while medicated and more flexible to roam on its own, is giving you advice. Learn to listen and appreciate. Don't be scared of the message and don't try to fight it.
    In the end you cannot outsmart yourself and being dishonest with yourself is only going to make things worse. Denial is a powerful force.
    Unfortunately it is not sustainable for growth and happiness.

6. Write down ur thoughts

7. bro you're human, your emotions are suppose to be fickle. i don't know anybody that is straight happy all the time, some day you just having an off day