Sometimes I Think my dad is stupid.

Discussion in 'Real Life Stories' started by Buddeh, Aug 25, 2008.

1. Well, my dad is undergoing chemo therapy to get rid of cancer. Before you guys flame, my dad has a lot of psychological problems such as depression, anxiety, paranoia etc. He takes a shitload of medications and on top of it he is bipolar.

Let me start off with a short story. I work at Taco Bell right now, my dad has some financial problems so spending extra money isn't necessarily a "great" idea. However, almost everytime I go to work my dad wants me to bring him back a Taco Salad, this really irks me because he is always claiming he is broke or can't spend money on things, but yet he spends 5.50 on Taco Salads constantly. I don't discount the Taco Salad because I usually take home something and most managers wont let me get them for free because they cost a lot.

Anyways, today he wanted me to get him one and I told him I am no longer able to discount them because I don't want to risk my job just because he wants a 5.50 Salad. Well I ended up getting him one today, but last night I closed so I made like 3 quesadillas and I ate 2. I put one in the fridge for whoever wants it.

Today my sister got home after spending the whole day with her friends, she didn't eat since like 11 in the morning and sees my quesadilla that I made and decides to make it. Then my dad starts bitching about how he hasn't eaten anything "all" day, but he just ate like 5 hours prior to this a whole fucking taco salad which is like 1000 Calories. He ends up eating the quesadilla which really pissed me off. There is plenty of food he can make in the house but he decided to whine and bitch because he wants fast food. He wastes probably a hundred dollars a month on stupid fast food, cookies and donuts and all that crap. Then he turns around and complains how broke he is.

Sorry for the long rant, I wish I had some weed. I guess I will just wait till Friday :(

2. ahhh man, thats a tough situation...

dude honestly, make a mutual decision to stop buying them from taco bell, and just make them at home, they will be much cheaper, and he can have one whenever he wants. He seems like he has alot of problems, and food is comforting to many, so I would do my best to convince him to start making his favorite fast food meals, at home.

he might make a hobby out of it, wich will keep his mind of things and take his mood off the edge.

I LOVE, fucking LOVE a bbq chicken supermelt from friendlys...but it would be like 15 bucks everytime I get one... now I go to the store, and spend about 10 bucks on all the stuff for it, and able to make like 3-4 of them! and I think mine are better :]

3. At least your dad can use chemo as an excuse. My dad's excuse is alcohol, and he's a way bigger dick.

4. that sucks dude...just stop buying them.

5. Yeah, but should he be using it as a guilt trip? I think the chemo excuse is a big load of bullshit, he is the SAME person he was before. He was ALWAYS moody.

Sorry to hear about your dad, my dad used to be an alcoholic. Luckily, I was too young to experience really any of it. He stopped drinking when his dad died.

6. That's nuts, man i feel for you . and i hope it works out for you guys,

7. My dad had (may still have) cancer, but he seems ok now. Thin as fuck though. Hope it goes aright for your family man.

8. ouch man. you turned out okay though your pretty cool :smoking:

9. Dude you should see my dad during one of his veitnam flashbacks... When I was about 14 he was walking around in the middle of the night bumping into shit and mumbling, and I put my hand on his shoulder, and in a flash, he was turned around, had me bent backwards and was ready to break my face open. Was some crazy shit. Not the only time its happened either.

10. what the fuck man. id be puttin locks on my door, and keeping on point around him.

11. if i was dying id eat whatever the fuck i want too

12. thats gay, but he does have a lot of medical problems i guess,