Somethings wrong

Discussion in 'Sick Plants and Problems' started by Produce2smoke, Apr 26, 2010.

1. #1 Produce2smoke, Apr 26, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 27, 2010
    Hey everyone! I had this problem for the past 2-3 weeks (not to sure) but it doesn't seen like something crazy because the plant us giving new growth. I would like to fix it none the less. The problem I'm having is that the leaves are curling under a little and the tips of them are yellowish/brownish. I have pics below and I'll list the details below aswell...

Strain: super silver lemon haze by greenhouse
    medium: fox farm ocean forest
    ph before water: 6.50 - 6.57
    ph after water: 6.70 - 6.80
    temp: 76 - 85
    humidity: 55-60(most of the time but when I'm at work it might get down to 40 for an hour at most)
    nutes: fox farm grow big ( I'm using about 1/4 a tsp, maybe less)

Yfrog Image : yfrog.com/i3img0855hjj

Yfrog Image : yfrog.com/0gimg0856mj
    sorry I would post pics directly in the thread but they are big views and might stretch/slow down your browser. Thanks for the feed

****EDIT****
    Today i woke up to a little surprise (not a good one)
    i found 1 leave which to me looks like a nute burn, could be wrong. i uploaded some pics, one of the possible burn, and one overall of the plant. if anyone could take a look at both pics and please comfirm or deny its a burn, and look at the plant and tell me if its looking good. thanks again and sorry for not being able to upload the pics directly into the thread, just im on my iphone and it wont allow me.

http://yfrog.com/5xpossibleburnj

http://yfrog.com/6eoverallplantj

2. looks to me like you are feeding just enough. The tips look slightly burnt, but if it doesnt progress then your plant is right at the benchmark for nutes. Any more and the leaves would continue to burn.

some growers strive for burnt tips as it lets you know the plant is getting optimal nute levels.

3. Ok so this is what I'm planning on doing then. My next few feedings I won't feed the plant any nutes and see if it goes away. You think that will be a good idea? And does nute burn cause leaves to curl down aswell?

4. well the thing about foilage damage-it does not go away. but like grrower said if it does not progress than you are good.Plain water? you can do that.i do.i call that washing my soil:smoking:

5. yes, "the claw" is a sign of nute burn.

you shouldnt feed every waterer either. water, feed, water, feed, etc.

6. Ok thanks man let's see what's up with this plant :)

7. But new growth will show if the problem is gone, am I correct?

8. Unless it is just the pictures, but have you checked out all of those white spots all over your leaves? If the plant does have all of those spots, I would check the plants for mites or thrips. I'm not trying to scare you or anything, but if there has been stunted growth, theres a chance it could be from an infestation.

9. oh no thats just when i spray my growth box with water to raise the humidity levels, the water drops reflected the light bulbs...in other words no my plant doesnt have white spots on it lol

10. BUMP!!!
    just added new updates and pics, please help me, my "not so worried" just turned into "really worried" :(

11. the first pic looks like it might be getting burnt. To fix, just flush the soil. it honestly doesnt even look bad.

12. new growth will show it

13. #14 Antigen, Apr 28, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 28, 2010

Your plant looks very dark green to me, maybe it is just your camera but if not I think you are overfertilizing a bit.

Do you add fertilizer every time you water? You should alternate between just plain water, feed, water, feed.

Also, when you water, do you make sure to water thouroughly, enough so it comes out the drainholes in the bottom of your pot? You should then wait a few days before watering again, let the top 2 inches of soil dry out first. Don't just put a little bit of water in each day, especially if you're adding ferts with it each time!

And a side note, next time you transplant or start a new plant fill the pot all the way up with dirt to about 1" below the top. The plants will like the rootspace and not having to grow way down inside the pot like that. :)

14. yea it deff has to be the nutes im adding. i add nutes everytime i feed, but yesturday i flused the plant with ph water, the ph of the water before i watered was 6.55 and after i watered the run off water was flat 6.50. i have a 2 gallon pot, so i water 16oz of water, and when i water i give the full 16oz of water every 3-4 days, by then the soil is dry about 2 - 2.5 inches deep, and i could tell because the plant always seens to dry up and curl down just a very little bit.
    and yea i messed up when i was planting it, is it ok to add more soil into the pot? like remove the plant and add more soil and put it back in? or should i just leave it as it is?

15. plus when i flushed the plant last night, today when i woke up it looks better. the leaves are flat, and standing up

16. #17 Antigen, Apr 29, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 29, 2010

Well, your pH sounds good, the way you're watering sounds good, and yes it would be a good idea to add more soil to the pot. Be careful transplanting! You might need to use more water each time when you have more dirt to make sure it gets all the way through to the drainholes.

Sounds like you're getting it pretty right on . . . if you have any more serious problems feel free to ask here again!