Something wrong with this seed?

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by itsofficial, Sep 13, 2011.

1. I ordered seeds from attitude a little over a week ago, and trying to patiently wait for them. So in the meantime I found a bag seed, and I tried to get it to germinate. When I found it, it was kind of white and a little green. I did the paper towel method, where I put the seed in-between a couple paper towels on a plate, and placed another plate over it, put it in a plastic grocery bag, then put it in a dark area.

Today is day 3 and no signs of germination. Maybe I didn't use enough water, maybe I checked it too many times in the last 3 days, Im not sure. I wanted to try to germinate this one to make sure I don't mess up the seeds I bought. Any ideas?

Attached Files:

2. All i can say is that ive had a decent amount of experience with seeds and some seeds just dont pop :confused: also i dont check mine until 48 hours after i put them in a dark place, i figure lifting the paper towel to look at them too often might damage them

3. be patient I have had seeds that I thought were dead and they popped in about 5 days which is a long time for seeds. and like other poster said some just don't go.

4. try it again. i put the napkin straight into a ziplock bag... i also put my seeds into a shot glass of distilled water for 24 hours before putting them in the wet paper towel... you should perfect your method with a couple practice runs with bag seeds. read the stickies and stuff.. godd luck

5. Sounds good. I will try the process again and stick it into a ziplock bag. Thanks for the quick tips everyone!

6. I take the seed put it in a wet paper towel. I put that inside a small plastic container, I put the top on it. Then I take that put it on a heating pad on low. Never has failed.

Seeds can take a very short time to 5-6 days to germinate. If your seed does not germinate in about 7 days it most likely never will and is just rotting. A seed thats turns black while your germinating can be a sign of fermination...also not all seeds germinate. A plant makes a ton of seeds some are bound not to ever germinate for you.

7. one of my seed from bag seed has poped up in 9 days.
    it was growing veery slow as a flower also and i dumbed the flower to the rubish