Something wrong with my dad..

Discussion in 'General' started by bamf64, Mar 20, 2011.

1. Okay everyone, heres the backstory real quick:

my dad used to be an alcoholic and he used to stumble and always be drunk and hurt me and my brother and go on freakout days and he always blamed it on his "numb feet". he has peripheral neropathy(numb feet).

he went to rehab a few months ago but the past week or so he has been acting really weird..

today i get home from my freinds and he he is stumbling everywhere and talking really weird. he also fell asleep snoring super loud with his arms flailed. he woke up and got dinner. i am really freakin out because i heard his fiance say "im worried about you" hes all, "im fine sweetie."

also after dinner i said thank you he replies, "no no its okay."

should i call his fiancee? i dont want him to do anything stupid..

2. Sounds like he relapsed?

^^^ I only hope that I'm wrong, but maybe he was drunk... I really hope not tho.

Sorry man if that's the case :(

3. I would voice your concern to her since she seemed to be concerned also? Could just be off the wagon 3 months aint shit, could be something wrong with him, or could be nothing, yuh know? Either way if you are concerned, speak up.

4. He could be having a stroke or transient ischemic attack,you may wish to seek medical attention.

Or it could be alcoholic neuropathy

5. I just called my step mom and she told me shes really worried because hes not ariculating and he might have a stroke..she just said keep an eye on him and if something happens to call 911.

hes asleep on the couch i just went and talked to him and i said hes not articulating and hes like "im fine im fine" i told him i was worried and i asked "i dont care if you drank just tell me so im not worried your going to die" hes like "why". im going to observe him for a while...911 on speed dial.

6. My mom did the same shit when she was taking tons of pain pills. She couldnt talk right, didnt understand lots of things, and her sentences made no sense. Eventually we had to call 911 because she was laying in bed almost dead. They told us we should of called them the day before, cause she was 12 or so hours from death. She said she was fine over and over. Just cant believe them.

7. Okay everyone, ended up calling 911 on this one...

right after i made that last post i went out into the den to check on him. he was passed out halfway off the couch i freaked out tried to wake him up than i called 911 and they sent over police/paramedics/ect..he couldnt answer any of the questions given to him and he couldnt form a fucking sentence. his 3d relapse..this was all in a hotel room to make it even crazier.

his BAL was 1.23... considering .08 is the legal limit id have to say he was pretty fucked up. than he started crying because hes thinking hes not a good dad blah blah blah.

i get picked up, go to my moms house..

THAN i get a call from my brother(having a party at our house) saying he needed help because there was puke ALL over our fucking house because this one stupid bitch couldnt hold her shit..had to clean THAT up and deal with all the stupid hot bitches in my house and get them the fuck OUT!

damn..crazy night. wish my brother didnt care that i smoked or else id be hotboxing the entire fucking house right now. thats how stressed i am.

UGH.

8. Fuck alcohol!!!!!!

9. ahha duuude, sounds like a rough night.

:(

10. Damn sorry to he had to go to hospital

it will all be ok in time, always is.

So your brother had a party at your house but got pissed if you were to smoke? Ha wow.

11. my bro doesn't drink. all his freinds did lol.

its all good though theres puke in my bathtub but everything is going to be cleaned up in tha morning.

12. When your Dad comes to, have you ever considered encouraging him to try cannabis medicinally as a potential treatment for his alcoholism?

http://www.mikuriya.com/s3_7.pdf

13. Yeah I'd go with introducing weed if he were receptive of the idea - though make sure it's not just used in total substitution if he has an actual problem with moderation, too much is too much and can happen with any substance.

From what I've read I'd say he was simply drunk. (which was right, reading a few more posts) Relapse, fallen off the wagon - whatever.
    If he's willing or ordered to, I'd just say Rehab again...it'll help clear his system out at least, but there's still other existing issues you'll need to find your way towards working through with him, so that mentally he'll be able to stick with it or at least moderate.
    Probably a difficult run ahead.

14. if you cleaned up puke... you deserve to hotbox anywhere

15. ^right?

If my brother asked me to clean up puke because HIS friends couldn't handle their shit... Fuck That! Especially after you just spent your time dealing with some real shit that was out of your control, while he's having a party with his friends.. WTF:confused: why would you agree to that?

16. dude im sorry to hear this. My dad has been an alcoholic my entire life and it fucking sucks. he tried rehab at least 3 times and even after loosing multiple jobs and getting divorced because of it he still drinks a lot. If this ever happens again you need to call 911. My dad has seizures when he stops drinking or starts and stops and stuff and after words he had symptoms like you described. I really hope he gets his act together before he hurts himself or others more. alcoholism is such a terrible thing :(

17. hey dude if he starts gettin bummed after rehab or whatever detox he does... I'd look into Niacin therapy. It's safe and really effective :)

I wish you all the luck man, I know how ya feel. I sucks seeing a family member go thru this.

18. Damn, what a rough night. If I had some bud to smoke, I'd smoke one for ya.

19. wow man, sorry to hear that. My father same shit, alchy my whole life, went into the program few times, never stuck. Lots of us know the type of shit you've had to go through in life so don't think you're alone brother, best of luck with everything. I know AA helps a lot of people, might want to encourage him attending meetings. Don't mater if he is piss drunk, he will still be welcomed with open arms. (as long as he is not disruptive)