Something weird happening to my plants... Help! (Pics)

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by deion19, Apr 10, 2012.

1. [​IMG]

Any idea whats going on?? I have two plants (and one new seedling) in a closet, about 5 weeks old - running two 300 watt daylight "photo studio" CFLs and just switched two 100 watt daylights over to 200 watt soft white CFLs. Soil is just miracle gro.. I know that's a no no to most of you, but I'm on a pretty tight budget right now. I use schultz 10-15-10 plant food at about half strength every other feeding. I just switched over from 24/7 lights to 16/8 three nights ago

Here's the entire plant

[​IMG]

2. Anyone? I can't find anything else like this to bum info off of - I've tried looking!

3. first of all, that picture is blurry. second of all, are those "balls" or are they some kind of circle thing on the plant in between the branches and stalk?

4. is it over watered? when did you water and how much water? the second pic does seem to me like the plant is droopy, and unless its night time that should not happen when the lights are one. more pics and make them clear this time around.

5. Your plant has bulging armpit syndrome. The plant looks generally healthy though. Not sure what that's all about.

6. Those balls mean its a female, if the were furthur up the branch that would make it a male

7. #7 dubshepp, Apr 10, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 10, 2012
    Looks like a lot of excess water...Like the above post said before those leafs shouldn't be so droopy...That tells me one thing they are filled with too much water.. You should only rewater soiled plants after the first inch or so is dry and underneath is moist..To fix this I would let the plants damn near dry up in soil until the leafs started looking more stiff and straight out.

P.S. switch to 18/6 or 20/4 more light to burn that excess water out!!

8. Sorry, I had to snap em with my phone. I'll see if I can find my old digital camera and I'll try to take some better pics later. The plant has always been really droopy, looked almost like a willow tree. About a week ago I transplanted it into a 5 gallon pot and started watering it more and the plant perked up over the next few hours. I probably give it 32-40 ounces every two days.

9. That actually makes perfect sense, I kept them on 24 hours a day until just recently - I'll leave the lights on duing the usual 8 hour break and hope it goes away. Thank you

10. Really? That's good to know!

11. Not necessarily true as different strains exhibit different features. As big as they are, I would think that if they are female, you would notice small hairs protruding from the pods. Watch for those soon.

12. It looks to be getting better today, haven't watered it so you guys are probably right