Something weird happened after i smoked last night..plz look

Discussion in 'Real Life Stories' started by bigsack, Jan 8, 2009.

1. I've gotten really light headed and the blindness thing after smoking once before. I got up to go to the bathroom and as I had the door half open I couldn't move and I couldn't focous and I'm pretty sure I couldn't see anything. I had no idea how long I was standing there, I just hope nobody had seen me D:

2. i think its a natural thing, when you stand up too fast, but if it was just from the bud, then... DAMN.. that was some good stuff... hehe...

i doubt the resin from the first half could have done that much to the half you smoked... maybe you had a very eventful day and you were all stressed/tired out? idk man...

3. I have low blood pressure and this has happened to me many times and I wasn't smoking. I always stand up and move a little slower because of the low blood pressure. I do notice the effect is heightened when i smoke a lot. I just figure I'm so relaxed my blood flow is slower than normal so I compensate for it by moving slower, standing up slower, I've even had the same effect from the big O, light blackout, dizzy, sweating, light-headed, feel like I'm gonna pass out . . . I've always blamed it on my low blood pressure.

4. I've had that happen only once but there was also alcohol involved.. I went unconscious for 10 seconds.

Anyway... I have a potassium deficiency and when my potassium's low and/or I'm dehydrated and I smoke, I start to go into mild panic attacks.

I was also diagnosed with an abnormal EKG (I'm only 19), and I think it also explains why my heart freaks out a lot when I'm high.

It's caused me to really not smoke as much as I want an it sucks.
    I've got to see a cardiologist about it all soon. =[

5. I've had one similar experience.. I just got back from smoking a blunt and was sitting on the bench in front of my dorm smoking a cig... When all of the sudden, I honestly don't know what happened, but my vision started to fade, I felt extremely light headed and couldn't concentrate on anything. It felt like I was loosing my motor control and everything..

Feeling like I was going to pass out, so I headed inside to go to my room but at my dorm you have to give the desky your ID card for them to swipe after 11pm, so he swipes it and tries handing it back to me but I literally couldn't concentrate on the ID card.. I grabbed for it about 5 times before I actually made contact with the card,, all the while the desky was just starring at me.. like what the fuck is he on?

I had to push myself harder than ever before to get up the 8 flights of stairs, because I knew if I waited for the elevator I would surely faint right there waiting for it.. I finally got to my room and immediately passed out in my chair...

I actually didn't pass out, I just sat there for about an hour and then went to bed...

shit was weird. :confused::confused:

6. I say that it is an underlying medical problem, that was aggravated/triggered by your consumption and circumstance.

Saying that the marijuana triggered anything other than munchies, would be misleading. Circulation to your brain is the culprit to all the things you mention. Going from high-stress to anti-stress, while also reducing your oxygen intake, is most-likely the true cause. You may be slightly diabetic, or just high-stressed from lack of exercise/motion.

You physically stop to toke, take long deep oxygen restricted breaths, your heart slips into deep-pump mode, pumping CO2 and CO, instead of oxygen. Inactivity before rest can also cause this, "Random", blindness and fainting spells. Your constricted blood vessels can not open fast enough, when you stand, which raises your head more above your heart, and instantly drains away required oxygen for the action of standing... (Thus, the lack of pressure/O2.)

The bodies natural reaction is to lower your head, back to being below your heart... EG, you fall.

The nice addition of blindness comes from an inability to process optical input, without blood and oxygen. Your eyes see the light, but your nerves are not transmitting the data to your brain, which is in panic mode, trying to get blood pumping into your starved brain. (Seeing is one of the non-critical senses that seem to "Turn-off", in moments of shock and trauma. Chances are, you also went partially deaf and would have spoken funny alien languages while in that state, if you were doing those things.)

Consult a doctor, even if it is at a free-clinic, where you can safely "Admit" that this seems to be aggravated when you smoke, or smoke weed, after being inactive. (As opposed to going to a family doctor, and having family with access to those records.)

Black-outs are also common with alcohol poisoning, in people without those issues. However, people with those issues, tend to black-out before alcohol poisoning, for the same reason. (Heat and alcohol blood-level saturation is the trigger there.)

7. It happens to me every once in a while. Once I passed out after smoking some blunts on my buddy's dock on the walk back to the bonfire. Fell flat on my face and I had the blindness coming on too because I remember shouting, "Oh shit, I'm falling!"

Another time my friend passes out in Sonic's Parking lot in the middle of the day after smoking two blunts. I'd like to know what causes it because sometimes I can smoke 5 blunts and be fine but other times I can smoke a bowl and die.

8. I got those when i was about that age.

9. OneMarleyLove_ you could be right, i did have a pretty stressful day. I use to go to a school my freshman and soph. year where the drug dog came every friday. Now i go to a school where it hasnt came in 13 years. Well it finally came that day and i was stressin hardcore if i had anything in my car i didnt know about. I was shaking for 4 periods until the dog left. It sucked cuz we werent allowed to leave the room or talk so i just kept it inside. Maybe that was what caused it...

10. I would start taking iron pills. That should help

11. Did ur ass hurt? If yes, you MIGHT have been abducted

12. abducted? that's just a fancy word for alien rape.

13. Dehydration and lack of proper vitamins and minerals are another teen/young-adult issue that can lead to the same high blood-pressure...

I still say that you should consult a doctor/clinic for the real issue.

If it happened every time you smoked, I would blame it on the smoke. (Not saying that the smoke you are having is safe or unsafe, but not the direct cause.)

I was up all night researching the usual, "Bad Additives", that people have been known to place in buds... None had those two effects, or caused high blood-pressure.

I researched formaldehyde, miracle-grow, pesticides, coke, crack, meth, pcp, even glass-insulation and asbestos and lead... (You don't want to know all the "Other" issues you could have had, if it was one of those things! Most lead to chronic headaches and diarrhea/constipation, or just death, but no blindness or non-stroke related fainting.)

14. That weird dizziness happens to me when I lay around and do nothing. I feel "wobbly" and have shitty vision. If I stay active during my high I never experience it. I just make sure to have a cup of green tea before I smoke, so not to get so lazy

15. it has nothing to do with weed. it comes from lack of oxygen and you kind of pass out. it happened to me before i started smoking when my nose and throat were stuffed up for like a week. you should be fine dude. keep blazing

16. Ive gotten the blindness things from standing up too quick when high. Its so overwhelming that I need to grab onto something to keep from falling over. It almost feels like I milked a bong with a gram of tobacco and held it all in. Scary :eek:

17. how much trouble did u get in

18. I read this several times, yeah I was stoned but I actually understood it. I'm going with the lack of motion/excercise. I've been extremely sedentary since I got laid off after 10 years at the same place, then a month later, broke my left arm when I got bucked off my quad. I've been sittin on my ass for 7 months now. I feel anxious and stress is happening in my life right now. I'm gonna go smoke a bong bowl or 2 . . .

19. one thing that i dont like about weed.....
    this happens everyonce in a while