Something very weird going on, never seen it before...help!!

Discussion in 'Sick Plants and Problems' started by Snwboardr9876, Jul 25, 2012.

1. Okay so these girls are 2 months old, grown for a month indoors under a 400W MH then transplanted outside and have been there for a month now. Miracle Gro moisture control soil the entire time (yeah I know...I was lazy but I did good with it last year so why change what works).

After 3 weeks I started using organic Botanicare Pure Blend Pro 3-2-4 till this week when I tried organic Neptunes Harvest Fish &Seaweed Fertilizer 2-3-1.

I have three plants outside, Cannalope Kush, Durban Poison, and ICE which is the plant that I'm having the problem with.

It's kinda hard to see but the problem is only with new growth ONLY, none of the older leaves have this problem. It's kinda like the beginning of the leaf only is shriveling in. I don't see any burnt tips so I don't believe that I over ferted but I don't know what else to think...is it a deficiency?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG][​IMG]

[​IMG][​IMG]

That's the ICE plant that's outside.

I also have a Grapefruit that is still inside under the 400 watt MH and that plant is the only other one besides the ICE that also has this problem, however the grapefruit has burnt tips so I KNOW I over did that one which makes me think that maybe thats the problem with this one.

What do you guys think?? Please help!!!

2. looks like a nutrient lockout..possibly a soil problem...what are they in??

3. Same thing happened to my outdoor plants. Check out my thread

4. It's most likely ph problem

5. It's just so weird how quick it happened, sunday I used the neptunes organic, checked them monday, saw nothing then checked yesterday(tuesday) and thats what I saw(pictures). Now ofcourse its possible that I didn't see it monday and possibly overlooked the onset of this problem and didn't see it till tuesday.

6. Same exact thing with me! One day they were perfect next day this shit happens. But I balanced my ph and flushed my plants and seems to be recovering well so far. I wish the best of luck to you with this it's a pain in the ass and worries me alot

7. Definitely think it's an over fert now. This is the indoor plant now 2 days later after seeing the problem. I think the outdoor plant just didn't see as bad of an effect because ofcourse its not in a 2 gallon pot. I'll check PH tomorrow though because I havent checked in a while.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

8. It honestly could be that because I upped my doseage on ff grow big and most if my little plants did this but my big plants were fine I think flushing them helped a great deal. But I think checking the ph was good too I'm holding off on nutes till they look better. Weird thing is mine looks exactly what yours looks like

Attached Files:

9. Yeah thank god I flushed as soon as I noticed the onset with the indoor, had I not i don't think she would be with us today. I have a feeling your right that the ph is probably off now. I'm definitely gonna check that as soon as I get there and adjust accordingly. Guess that's what I get for changing my nutes instead of just sticking with works well.

What I'm wondering is when is it safe to go back to normal feeding??

10. I dunno I'm really just waiting for normal growth of new leaves now. Then I'll start out with diluted nutes and work up

11. I agree forrest. That looks like pH to me along with some slight heat stress. MG Soil can fluctuate out of range very easily. Check the pH.

12. PH on my indoor is a little low...6.2. It was at 6.8 a week ago so my guess is it's probably from the fertilizer I added. Haven't gotten to check the outdoor ICE plant yet I have to wait till dark. I'm not an expert at this by any means but can a PH unbalance that miniscule burn the edges off a leaf like that?

I dunno I just really feel that I over ferted and that burned my leaves right off. I mean do you guys agree or you still going with PH? I could kinda go with it on the first set of pics I posted which are of the outdoor ICE in the ground but the second pictures are my indoor grapefruit which is in a 2 gallon pot.

My theory is the indoor saw worse affects due to the fertilizer not having as much room to spread out which caused the leaves to get completely burned off instead of my outdoor which just had the leaves curl inward and not quite get burned off.

Keep in mind this happened to both plants at the same exact time, right after I used that new neptunes organic fertilizer, these pictures were taken both two days later.

Once again I appreciate your guys opinions and help, I'm definitely on here to learn as much as possible. I've just never seen this ailment before in anybodys threads before.

13. Any closer pics of the newer growth on yours forrest? I'm guessing that's where your problem is located also? I see a couple of your fan tips pointing straight down, I have that now also.

14. image-2409896600.png

Here's one if u wanna see more go to my thread I started there's More pix there but I think it is most likely ph cuz nutes more burn the leaves all throughout the plant and not just the new growth but it could be a combo of both but I'm nit quite sure I'm just sharing my knowledge. But it's nice to finally figure out what it was so I can get my baby's recovering

15. Well the pH isn't too off. If at all.