Something to consider about water

Discussion in 'General' started by Lovebong, Jun 12, 2009.

1. I got an e-mail earlier from a very well versed individual today and in it he included a link. I started checkin' it out and honestly I'm pretty surprised.

On the site, 'Dr. B' talks about water and how the general populace is severely dehydrated. He also talks about how our bodies tell us they are dehydrated. At first, this might be a little odd, but considering how much of our bodies are made of water, it really isn't that far fetched at all, kinda like obvious in it's simplicity.

I'll take this moment to link to it so you can evaluate this info for your self. www.watercure.com

Anyways, one thing that struck me personally is that I used to have asthma and he suggests that it is a sign of dehydration in the lungs. It kinda hit me then that whenever I was little and would have an asthma attack, the people with 911 always said to breath in steam(hot or cold.. noticed it kinda switches..) until they got there. Like seriously, I've upped my intake of water over the last couple hours and I feel pretty damn good. the thing that gets me, even though it isn't surprising considering the general nature of drug companies, is that people suffer over simply not drinking enough water. It's pretty fucked that when I was like 5 - 9 I can remember waking up gasping for air when someone knowledgeable coulda told me to drink more water. I wouldn't of believed them, but I believe it would've at least helped. Funny thing about it is, when I was like twelve, I was still having some complications but I started drinking water instead of sodas and stuff and that's about when I stopped having problems with asthma. I know it wasn't the pot, that was later down the road, but this also makes me think that while I know pot helps alot of things, maybe some of them were helped because of cottonmouth. Would make sense that pot, which generally makes you more aware of your body, would give you cottonmouth if you were dehydrated.. Even though we need pretty steady water intake so you'd probably get cottonmouth anyways.. Something to consider yo.

2. Well dehydration probaly isn't the whole reason why you have asthma, but yea it can make it worse. Most people are dehydrated, no surprise though with the way people are drinking sodas and energy drinks these days. I remember when I got my first job a few years ago I got free soda and drank it like crazy. A few weeks later I was getting headaches, I was tired and achy all the time. As soon as I stopped drinking all that soda and more water I started feeling better.

Its crazy what water can do for you. :smoking:

3. Please, please, please, please, PLEASE do not take sites like this seriously.

Water is good. Yes. Water will help you stay healthy.

But water will not cure "back pain, arthritis, back pain, angina, colitis, migraines, high blood pressure, diabetes, high cholesterol."

This guy is trying to sell a book, and has used every high-search engine disease in his text to help bring him up to the top of google and yahoo. It's really wrong to prey on people with real illnesses and make them believe that if they just drank more water they can be cured.

I believe you that water helps your asthma... dehydration DOES make us feel really shitty. But, to say it will CURE those diseases is quackery.

4. #4 Lovebong, Jun 12, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 12, 2009
    Heh, as much as I smoke, weed and tobacco, I don't think I have asthma anymore. You're right by the way, with me it definitely wasn't only dehydration because I was a premature birth and had underdeveloped lungs, but dehydration I think helped keep it there since I would like to think my lungs didn't take 12 years to develop, lol.

I agree with ya though, water makes all the difference in how ya feel, most people just don't really put two and two together... and hence my posting to help spread the word. Between water and weed I think I may make it to seventy or eighty. High hopes for a tobacco smoker but with a little salt it might be possible.

Edit - I don't believe it cured 'em all, but I can see it as being a factor and honestly, even when still in the wonder stage of it all I didn't feel inclined to buy his book, I'll just drink some water and see how I feel, why should I look to him to listen to my body anyways?

5. Hemp oil, MMS, chlorella, and a diet of fresh fruit and vegetables can cure anything.

6. I drank water and got aids........

No, but in all seriousness, water is our best friends. Once in a while when I want to drop some pounds, I only drink water, and dont eat for a couple days. Water is full of........well nothing, but damn its good.

I know that the abluterol, is basically just water man. So I mean, water helps with asthma

7. lol... sorry if I over reacted

i used to run a business that involved dealing with those crazy websites.

There's definitely nothing wrong with reading that and extrapolating that you need more water.

But there are seriously people out there who will read that believe that water will cure them, and stop taking their heart/asthma/whatever medication because this crazy doctor said so (I didn't mean to imply you are one of them, lol).

8. Yeah...not drinking enough water is not the reason you have/had asthma.

9. It probably helps, but it's not like if you drink more water, it'll cure it, with asthma or any condition besides dehydration.

10. #10 Lovebong, Jun 12, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 12, 2009
    lol & I hope you were joking about the not eating thing. But yeah, it's salt, water and.. something? Kinda funny people make money off the stuff. Don't really have a choice when you're suffocating though.. gotta love drug companies :rolleyes:

Ha, you're right about that but yeah, I just posted a link because some of it is viable. Not saying to abandon discearnment 'cause dude has a degree, I mean c'mon, Bush had a degree and look at him.

Also, one particularly viable point he made.. somewhere.. there is a difference between disease and dis-ease. Disease is caused by a virus or bacteria or otherwise an indication of harm done to the body. Dis-ease is the body telling you something or the pre-symptoms if you will. Dehydration can cause alot of things to happen with your body but yeah, a virus is a virus, water will help but not cure.

Edit - Dude said something scoped down on the last thing, part of his sales pitch I'm sure. That was a mixture of 4 parts him and 6 parts prior knowledge.

11. Penelope's right, but you're right OP, it's definitely something to consider.
    I've only just begun to realize how lucky I am that my parents raised me on water and milk. We *never* had fizzy drinks growing up. When I hit high school, and become more independent, I'd splurge out on all that shit; fizzy drinks, lollies and shit. but I've kinda seen the pointless in that now.

Recently I've been trying to change who I am, become a better person in lots of different ways; I've got lots of goals for myself. One of them is to never drink fizzy drinks. I pretty much only drink water and alcohol now :p I seriously don't see the point in them. They taste good for a second, then make me feel bad. I can just feel all that sugar and additives sliding down my throat..eugh

Seriously, you wouldn't believe the effect that drinking lots of water and quitting smokes and getting a bit of exercise has on one's mental wellbeing.

12. Hell yeah, like I said, I upped my water intake and feel better already. I shoulda clearified originally, I'm not saying to pay the guy who made the site, I'm saying consider the offered information and see if some don't make sense. Or just read my summary.

Summary - Our bodies are mostly water and salt water therefore we need water and salt and dehydration isn't when your mouth is dry for a long time, most people are dehydrated and don't know it.

Fun fact - If you get hungover easily, you're probably dehydrated on regular, it's well known that hangovers are caused by dehydration but if you've ever had a real hangover you know damn well that that is some severe dehydration for one night of drinking.

13. omg im drinking water right now. and i agree with lovebong, ever since i started drinking more water i feel so much better

14. This.