Something to "beef up" buds?

Discussion in 'Advanced Growing Techniques' started by kingbudman, Oct 11, 2010.

1. sorry to be a prick but must of these products mentioned sound very "tantalizing", but its just some form of sugar usually... serious... research..

2. can you post a link please, confirming this?

3. Koolbloom and diamond nectar? I know that the flora nectar has a bunch of sugar in it.

4. what does the term "nectar" sound like to you????.......
    sugary.....

5. I'm not sure I'm gonna go w/ "diamond nectar is just sugar cause it has nectar in the name". Is that what you're saying?

6. hey man, yes, I have heard of Fimming, and have read about it. I chose to top them LBH 4 way style. I think 4 main branches going outward will work perfectly for the screen. But each grow I ttry something different, so fimming will probably happen in a future grow. Thanks for the compliment.

7. If you want a really good ratio check out my NPK ratio in my signature link!

8. diamond nectar contains 2 ingredients: phosphoric acid & potassium hydroxide.
    Phosphoric acid is used in alot of soft drinks/cola/and similar; as it's supposed to give a "tangy taste" to the drinks... so i guess it might do the same for MJ.. idk..

9. Now I am confused.

I look online and see all these additives for flowering and they have very high "P-K" ratio.
    The mix I use for Bloom is 0-7-4, almost 2-1 , P-K

Then I see that "K" is used more for oil production and flower tissue, which is what you would want for finishing MJ.

But most additives for flowering are higher in "P-K ratio"

Then again maybe the reason my buds have new pistil growth all through the flowering stage(High "P") and don't get as dense as I would like(Low "K") is that most bloom formulas out there are not for MJ and maybe MJ needs more "K" at the end of flower, just got to find the right one...

10. Flora nectar is 0-0-1. Use lots of it maybe?

11. All growth that occurs needs some level of Phosphorous or (K) to take place. These resins and pistils are low in percentage compared to the amount of cellular growth occurring. Thus more More (K) = more growth headroom though too high for a specific plant could fry it. Now kingbudman I use (2-12-8) for flowering. I'd even say 2-20-14 would be the scope of anything you'd be growing.

12. Getting numbers surly is best found in mixing different nutrients in variety with scaling differences in strength. i.e Botanicare CNS17 2-2-5 + HydroPlex 0-10-6 + Humboldt Snow Storm Ultra 0-0-3 = 2-12-14 However in this chain the Humboldt Snow Storm is fed foliar. Decreasing to 2-12-11 in the solution.
    I see time and time again, the new guy on the block is freaking out about nutes and all you gotta do is keep it smart and simple. Plants are life, living machines.

13. My Flower solution is 1.6-8.8-11.4 according to the bottles

If I got this right.

Lots of "N" during Veg less during Flower.

Lots of "P" during Flower less during Veg.

Slightly more "K" during Flower than Veg.

If so then I guess I just need something with a ~2-1 ratio of P-K or even ~3-1 to get a bit stronger solution.

Which brings me back to thinking of Beastie Bloomz@ 0-50-30(in small doses), except FoxFarm says it is suppose to be used in the middle of the flowering cycle. And that Cha Ching @ 9-50-10 is suppose to be used during the last 4 weeks, but I would think it has too much "N" and not enough "K" for the last month of flowering.

And that makes me think again that most products sold in stores are made for ALL plants not just MJ and that MJ needs a different combo of nutes to do its best, so maybe what FoxFarm says to use in the middle of the flowering cycle for most other fruiting plants like Tomatoes and Peppers ect. would be best at the end of the MJ flowering cycle.

Sorry for rambling but the mix I have works I just want it to work better...

Thanks for everyone's help
    Kingbudman

14. I recommend FoxFarm Nutrient Line, and flush 2 weeks before harvest, then use blackstrap mollasas for the first week, and pure water for the last.

15. anyone ever use ginormous?

16. Consistently time and time again, with outstanding results I veg at 5-2-4.5 with the inclusion of Cal Mag, and Silica. Remember plants are storing energy during veg. The stronger they do so and the healthier they are- stress free - the stronger your yields will be consistantly and reliably. Remmber to top and fim. Single donkey dick colas are cool for show but you will always manage larger yields taking care to manipulate your babies.