Something that always keeps me up at night

Discussion in 'General' started by Foxie, Sep 26, 2011.

1. I dont know why but over the past few months i just havent really been able to sleep well with this thought on my mind. Why is it okay as humans for one man to rule over another? Why are things illegal? Who is to decide what i put into my body if im not harming others. Im just really uncomfortable with the law and government right now. I was wondering if anybody else had any opinions on this? Ill elaborate more if anybody is unclear on what im trying to say.

2. dude nobody rebels we just sit and think wtf:confused:im pretty scared but everybody can go rogue style soon....yeah:cool:

3. Why must the law be seen as a power struggle? I see it is a very necessary moral regulator. Human instinct is a powerful and destructive force, if we had no quasi-concrete moral code regulating our behaviour shit would collapse into anarchy and our needs would be even less met than they supposedly are today. It's flawed but no person is perfect, and such imperfect people were and are behind it today. However, occupying the other extreme out of distaste for their imperfections won't solve shit. Slow, gradual reform and a balanced attitude will be the solution. I promise you

Sorry for long-windedness, pretty high

4. [quote name='"Autechra"']Why must the law be seen as a power struggle? I see it is a very necessary moral regulator. Human instinct is a powerful and destructive force, if we had no quasi-concrete moral code regulating our behaviour shit would collapse into anarchy and our needs would be even less met than they supposedly are today. It's flawed but no person is perfect, and such imperfect people were and are behind it today. However, occupying the other extreme out of distaste for their imperfections won't solve shit. Slow, gradual reform and a balanced attitude will be the solution. I promise you

Sorry for long-windedness, pretty high[/quote]

I completely agree although I do agree that there should be less regulations on personal freedoms like smoking weed but then again this is grasscity so I'm guessing you and 99.999% of the people on here agree with that soooo

5. Lol yeah. That's one of the flaws I mentioned, brought about in the past by some seriously misguided individuals and perpetuated in the present by greedy motherfuckers of politicians who can't get their hand out of the pot of gold that the illegal drug trade creates. I reckon that people who think there isn't a corrupt network of trading and laundering (the money from which being sourced from the illegal drug trade) operating behind the curtains of the Western world are naíve.

6. Why is it okay as humans for one man to rule over another?

Whether it's OK or not, is another question.

But the fact is that there are humans ruling over other humans.

Why?

Because of man's desire to survive. (not go extict)

--

Why are things illegal?

Because there are laws.

I suppose you'd want to ask,

"Why are there laws?"

In order for large number of people to coexist peacefully and conveniently in a limited space.

--

Who is to decide what i put into my body if im not harming others?

The people who care about you. Like your mom and dad.

7. Because we let it happen?