Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Something strange I noticed about weed.

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by LovingTree, Aug 22, 2010.

1. I noticed that even though Marijuana is classified as a "depressant", it seems to make me generally more awake.

Anyone else ever feel more "perked up" when they first take a couple of hits?

2. si..... siiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii

3. You are incorrect, Cannabis is considered a psychoactive. Not a depressant. :wave:

4. It is also a mild hallucinogen and stimulant,

Chances are you have some nice Sativa hookups. Sativa strains contain a higher THC to CBN and CBD ratio giving you a more energetic high.

Also, depressant doesn't necessarily mean makes you tired. Simply means it slows down your CNS.

5. Nah, its a psychoactive, depressant, stimulant, and hallucinogen all in one. Really depends on what your toking. Sativas tend to wake people up, and indicas tend to put people to sleep.

6. This.

7. i notice this if i wake and bake or if i am smoking sativa...usually a couple hours after i smoke indica or sativa i get tired though:D

8. I'm pretty sure that it actually speeds up your heart rate. And how the hell is anything a depressant and stimulant?

-Waits for OSG to come and give us the correct answer-

9. In all fairness, depressants are also psychoactive. The term psycho activity doesn't necessarily describe the type of effects, just that they can cross the blood brain barrier and alter function.

10. Every chemicle affects everyone different...........My friend staright passes out, and I'm sitting there feeling tweaked, energetic, and sometimes the occasional paranoia....lol

11. I know what you mean. I have the same thing. Sativas or indicas, for the first 35-45 mins I won't fall asleep because I am to busy enjoying the high. After that. Burnt and sleep.

12. Sometimes it makes me more energetic... but I'm chilla than rambo's personality right now

13. First half of my high is generally stimulating, last half is relaxing.

14. #15 the blunt truth, Aug 22, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 22, 2010
    whos gonna post that chart showing cannabis in the very center of that complex venn diagram of drug classifications? i'll try to find it and post it if noone does first

edit found it

15. you asked for oldskoolgrower, but got oldSCHOOL_toker instead:confused_2:

16. I dun learned a lot just meow

17. #19 Derrick1284, Aug 22, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 22, 2010
    If you go on erowid you'll find that it falls under every drug category..Weed is just weed ya know? Like benzos are definately depressants because all they do is slow you down..Amphets are obviously stimulants because your O_O alert. Weed falls in the awesome category.

18. Am I the only one who noticed that Cannabis exists in that eye in this chart, or even noticed it looks like an eye? :cool: