Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Something shocking...

Discussion in 'Seasoned Marijuana Users' started by the_birds, Apr 12, 2009.

1. So I was smoking a bud just now and as the thing was finishing it's burning process out to the very tip, a spark shot out! What is the scientific explanation behind this!?

2. Any number of things. A little piece of flint that fell of the lighter. A tiny seed snapped. Some foreign substance was in the herb. Take your pick.

3. maybe it was a secret explosion some super secret mission. who knows. let's all eat breakfast.

4. Probablies a flake of metal managed to get on your herb / into your bowl and it sparked when lit :D

5. Most likely some flint shavings or something; happens to me all the time.

6. You get plus rep for this post right here haha.

7. uh this crap happens to me sometimes if its dry

8. someone was trying to assasinate you, but put the C4 explosives in the wrong end of the joint.

better luck next time:smoking:

9. When you spark your lighter over the bowl little flakes of flint sometimes fall in. It was probably just a bit of flint sparking.

10. sponataneous combustion?

11. Fetilizer salt deposits, if they are in a small bunch will ignite, often making a snap and a spark.

You know you got unflushed bud when you smoke it and it acts like rice krispies cereal.

12. All good answers. I think the flint one is most likely.

Sorry if it was a bad question. It seemed.... important at the time.

13. lol

no worries. i'd like to find out what going on with my bud if little explosions happened too! :smoke:

14. all i know is that one time i got this very seedy sack and one of the seeds exploded similar to how you explained it when lit. very good times.