Something not right with my head

Discussion in 'Real Life Stories' started by TheCruz831, Nov 10, 2014.

1. Starting about a week ago I got the beginning of a trepidation feeling. Thursday it had intensified and I ended up having one the worst night I've had in a long time. Normally afterwards stuff starts turning around and the trepidation feeling goes away. It's stuck around though. Friday night I drank too much and was hungover Saturday and Sunday (which is weird cause I never get hungover, let alone having mild diarrhea for two days straight. I did drink a bit more than usual though. Today I've felt slightly nauseous all day and pretty down. Occasionally it will intensify and I just was laying in bed watching tv when all of a sudden it was just a too much to handle and i closed my eyes and tried to leave but it was inescapable.
    2 years ago I cracked my head open and along with these symptoms, I occasionally get a bit lightheaded. In the last week or so, multiple people have asked me at random times if I'm feeling alright, if my head is alright. I know the confused and frustrated feeling of a stroke/other brain injury and I have noticed this uneasiness but it's been a week. I'm getting a bit worried.
    Could it be depression? Could the time change have just screwed with my chemical levels? Could it be my brain?
    I'm getting very anxious and worried and it's only getting worse. Please help if you can

"She was living in a single room with three other individuals. One of them was a male and the other two, well the other two were female. God only knows what they were up to in there. And furthermore, Susan, I wouldn't be the least bit surprised to learn that all four of them habitually smoked marihuana cigarettes..... REEFERS"

2. Go see a doctor, could be something serious but hopefully not. Depression doesn't make you feel like that, it makes you unmotivated and sad all the time (I had it for a year and just got through that fucker of a illness) could turn into depression though...Good Luck - Ben :)

3. Thanks for the advice. The nausea ended up presenting its cause. I spent last night vomiting several times around midnight and then going back to he bathroom every 10 minutes with the runs until about 3:30. I threw up everything I've eaten this weekend so my body was not working right. Hopefully just the stomach flu.
    I got the sudden onsets where I'd feel like I just couldn't even do it, couldn't even be in my body from the emotional discomfort, a couple times. It was usually coupled with the heaviest of nausea waves. I looked it up and I guess a decent amount of people get those situations, where for about 30 seconds they literally feel their organs sink and just get immersed in this dreadful, unbearable state. Several of them confirmed that, for them at least, those occurrences were temporal lobe seizures. Having cracked my head open 6inches down the thickest part 2 years ago, and having had a 45 minute grand mal seizure in the ER that day before being airlifted to stanford, I was a bit worried because my risk of epilepsy is significantly higher.
    It seems, though, that this emotional instability in me was either a result of the nausea or it was a precursor that I was gonna have a horrible night.
    Regardless, I may check in with a neurologist to be safe.
    Thanks for responding to the post, and reading this if you do. I know it's slightly long.

"She was living in a single room with three other individuals. One of them was a male and the other two, well the other two were female. God only knows what they were up to in there. And furthermore, Susan, I wouldn't be the least bit surprised to learn that all four of them habitually smoked marihuana cigarettes..... REEFERS"

4. As someone who had a benign brain tumor removed 2 years ago and can relate to your symptoms, I would definitely recommend neurologist. Tell him/her about your weed/alcohol/drug use. Trust me you will be asked. I think could be relevant to diagnosis

5. When your typing do you notice sometimes that you forget to type a word? I'll be thinking what I'm typing except retead it and realize I forgot to put a word. It never happened before the accident, I wonder if this is a common occurrence for tbi victims. Other than that, my intelligence, articulation, vocabulary etc. are untouched.

6. I wouldn't assume it's depression if it's related to physical trauma, especially head trauma. There's a pretty important organ in your head that controls how you think and feel. Coincidence? I think not.