Something needs to be done about the spammers

Discussion in 'General Forum Feedback' started by AfganiKush, Jan 17, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. So as anyone who frequents these forums knows, there are quite a few spam posts advertising all sorts of products and services. It has gotten out of control, and something needs to be done. Bringing back a minimum post requirement to create a thread would be a good start. Is anything being done about these spam threads?

2. considering how large this forum is, i think the spam is way under control.

it's usually gone within an hour or so of being posted depending on time of day.

i'd rather see a min post count in place for people signing up to score hookups.. that's more of a problem here than advertising imo.

• Like Like x 8
  3. ^ And besides, spammers have gotten good at this shit. If you make a minimum post requirement, they just make a bunch of shitty posts (most common I see is copying a sentence from another post in the thread) until they meet the limit. 

• Like Like x 3
  4. some people make the account to ask a question, so there's problem with the min post requirement before starting threads, but it would help prevent people from spamming the forums like that "Billings, Montana" kid that has posted 8 post each asking for a hook up and calling grasscity blades a bunch of lame assholes because were not giving him hook ups. and another kid blatantly said he was 17 does that not even matter any more? I've been on GC for 5 years and the city isn't what it used to be, BasedgodDank

5. That's why the Mods need you to report the posts like that. They are few and far between and can't possibly read every post. :smoke:

• Like Like x 7
  6. bump...

Bump for ?

• Like Like x 2
  8. #8 jmick, Feb 20, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 20, 2014
    Bump to hide the page of the guy spamming cell phones....I also bumped the Planes Trains and Automobiles thread for the same reason....sorry if that's not cool....I reported it and it stayed up, soooo.....

9. The spammers are now human, don't see many bots, they don't use the same anything for each account.
    we do everything we can to keep them out of here, the city has allot of sections and has grown tremendously over the past few months..

please be patient and report them and we will continue to do the best we can..

Thanks Folks..

Yoda

• Like Like x 2
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.