Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Something I've Noticed

Discussion in 'Seasoned Marijuana Users' started by king_stoner, Mar 2, 2009.

1. I have been smoking pretty regularly for about 7 years and I have smoked with a pretty assorted class of characters. The thing is, I have never smoked with obese people. Then I started thinking about it, and I don't know anyone overweight that smokes. No offense to anyone that is sensitive about weight, I'm just trying to see if there is some sort of correlation or if I am maybe just a dumb ass.

2. Are you from a small town or something like that? Ive smoked with people of all kinds of sizes....

3. I started smoking and got really fat, and i was 18/19 at the time, peaked 265 lbs. Now my life has changed, and i could say smoking pot had something to do with it, along with crazy willpower and tons of hardwork, but now i weigh 150lbs one year later.

But on another note, I know mad overweight people that toke haha.

4. ahh man. I'm currently am at a university with 50000+ students and ive smoked around with lots of people. Thanks for letting me know

5. #5 sandra., Mar 2, 2009
    Last edited: Mar 2, 2009
    It's inevitable that smoking weed gives you dry mouth, pasties, "munchies", and what have you... but after while of smoking it, your mind and body become more receptive and even more manageable in a sense.

It's really under one's control what they choose to do with their 'high'. When undergoing a serious case of pasties, try gettin' in on some fruits and water, gum, etc. Avoid heading out to McDonalds, Taco Bell or any other harmful fast food joint. It's not what your body wants/needs!

Weed can awaken your mind and body (mind you, I usually have a latte or something along those lines while I smoke, fuckin' great combo) or it can make you really relaxed and allow you to unwind. It all depends on how much you smoke, and what you want to accomplish when you're smoking.

I smoke sometimes when I wanna work out- usually that means rollerblading- or go out and dance, or just hang around, or make music, or get awesome, or if I'm planning on a lazy-day.

People who smoke weed are fat, skinny, intellectual, dumb, tall, short, etc. It comes down to their values, beliefs and lifestyles. Nothing beats using weed responsibly and enjoying it fully for it's wonderful effects. But abusing it on a regular basis kind of like an excessive drinker- is when it becomes an issue.

As long as somebody is living their life, content with the way they live it, portraying progress with things such as maintaining good grades, good relationships, being optimistic, setting and achieving goals, etc) and a good head on their shoulders then smoking weed does not need to be justified.

woo

:smoking::hello:

6. Nailed it Sandra...to the OP, get out more, the correlation is false

7. Im a fat ass and I smoke all day every day :D

8. I went from 180 lbs to 210 when i first started smoking, but 2 years later im down to 175 and feel good, Taco bell being open past 1 oclock had a lot to do with it.

9. i know a lot of ppl that smoke and only a couple are big, most are skinny. but then again most are young, and younger ppl are more likely to still be in shape. so thats prob were your theory comes from, your just smokin with students, no ppl 30+