something i've been sort of thinking about latley

Discussion in 'General' started by jimboob, Aug 11, 2009.

1. It seems like everytime i think about myself and how i was back in 9th grade or 1 year ago or even a few months ago, i always think about how stupid it was that i listened to that kinda music or something i used to do or say because i thought it made me look cool ect...it always makes me feel kinda foolish and i wonder if im just growing at a rapid pace or im always just kind of a lame kid...

for example, i used to listen to sublime and bob marley. I listened to it because i had certain events associated with that music, which is okay, after that i tried listening to Slightly stoopid, pepper, and a bunch of weird reggae bands. I have so much of that crap on my Ipod now...311?? 311 fucking sucks im sorry.....i would blast that shit in my car...

^^thats what im talking about lol

2. i dont get it? Youve outgrown your music selection? Change it man, music doesnt go bad, it just gets old. in a year from now maybe youll like 311 again?:smoke:

3. All music gets old if you listen to it over and over again. I barely listen to black sabbath as much as I used to. now that i know most of their songs by hear i started listening to all types of music other than classic rock such as dub and ska. and now that is getting old too, who knows what other kinds of music i'll stumble upon in the future.

4. keep pumpin sublime and marley.
    idk who the fuck 311 is....i dont listen to the radio or watch MTV though...so thats prolly why.

i still like the shit i liked in middle school and h/s....hiphop (not rap) and some real punk...(dk,black flag, st,)

5. Mmm yea we've all been there. But as far as music goes I like my selection of it, I searched far and deep for good music that is fit to my tastes. I never really liked bob marley or slightly stoopid and I only like one song by 311. Most people will jump on a bandwagon when it comes to music or anything really.

Like the new emo/hardcore stuff this generation has. AHHHH!
    A complete pile of hot steaming shit.

6. I'll start this out by saying what you liked in the past wasn't lame. It was just your past.
    What you like now is what you like now.
    I'm pretty sure that in 10 years you will like completely different music.

I listened to a lot of dumb music in the past, and I'm sure I still do.
    But you just have to understand that you mature and your personality changes over time.
    What you liked a year ago isn't stupid. What you liked a year ago semmed good at the time.
    I say "a year ago" because that's the same way I think about myself (I liked very different things a year ago than I do now).
    You just gotta know that everybody's tastes change all the time.
    Your previous likes are not dumb, they are just what you liked in the past.

I mean, i know that I liked Chiodos, The Used, and Drop Dead, Gorgeous a year ago. Now, I think that those artists are dumb as fuck (sorry to anyone that likes those artists).
    People change, and so do their tastes.
    Just realize that what you liked a year ago wasn't lame, it was just a growing stage.

7. music was just and example, i ment i find that most of the time i look back and think about myself in the past, i think about all the stupid things ive done or said...and i wonder if im still saying stupid shit all the time lol...

8. i used to think like that all the time and eventually i just said "fuck it" and now i dont care what i used to like or used to dress like or used to do, because it doesnt matter.

do i wish sometimes that i didnt spend 30 days playing call of duty 4? yeah. am i going to let it get me down? no, i cant change it so why the fuck should i care about or dwell on it.

9. Who cares man. Don't look back on it as stupid, look back on it as thats who you were and you did what you wanted to...change can really be an eye opener but it's normal man.

10. spoke it like a pro :cool: +rep

11. One day I'll think myself as an idoit for going to sideshows getting stupid.. Maaaayne, I'll be thinking I was so retarded back then (right now, I consider it a compliment :D).

Hahaha, I get watcha' saying.