something good to do with my life

Discussion in 'General' started by astro_righteous, Jan 30, 2007.

1. so i was thinking about all this money that i am waiting for. it would really help me out with my court fines and shit and help me with my loan from school and help with my over all life.
    i dont feel comfortable with telling anyone how much it is but its enough im sure. and i need to invest it so i dont have to pay taxes on the shit.
    so i was thinking a good way to further my education and use the most from my money, i could just go to a community college and just take the basic classes for the things i am interested in. like i could take a few math classes, take a bunch of science classes in like biology and chemestry and astronomy and good shit like that and then get into a writing class.
    but the catch is that i wont feel preasured to do anything cuz its not for any goal in particular. and i could then say i have experience in any major field i wanted. now i could take more classes in the subjects i wanted in case i found that and wanted to pursue a profession in it.

engineering mostly. but i will find out more about shit and make it an interesting hobby to just know things about everything.

2. buy as many prostitutes at once as you can.

Best way to spend your money, I guarantee it.

3. I go to engineering school, getting my degree in computer science. I have no regrets but it is the hardest I have ever worked

4. I'm gonna have to agree with R_M.

5. im gonna have to 3rd R_M

or you could save that money in say 6m-2yr cd so you cant get it and spend it on stupid stuff then get diffrent entry level jobs and find one you like and fit... once that money comes your way now you can have some money to put to college to accellerate your newfound joy....and job ;)

i dont understand where your coming from with the whole im going to school but im clueless its almost like going on a diet or lifting wieghts with out a goal or baseline ... but dont do anything without a goal its nearly useless and waste alot of time,money,respect,etc but lemme tell you i been working fulltime since i was 12 and i gotta say if i had started work and found something i liked and stuck with it instead of bieng where i dont really wanna be i would be so much more ahead right now without any money for schooling TOO! ahah i wasted 5 years floating from job to job instead of sticking with block work or cabinets< journeyman skill at 16 ive done $20k custom kitchen cabinets before i could get my drivers license and if you wanna cruis to kingman ill even show you..thats if he still lives there ahah where am i today?!?! nowhere! some douchebag totaled my car. so im on foot and im fairly broke at the moment cuz of the whole holiday slowdown. work is barely starting to pick up again. figure out a goal and work on it last years goal was not gradute into the adult system now i got a new one work my ass off and buy my first rehab house(rehab=remodel) fix then flip... make a plan /make goals /reach them /make more/ reach them/ expand plan/ make goals... if i listened to my very first boss i would prolly be a 18yrold millionaire... ;(

6. you really wanna invest that money? take a little chunk of it, and go to a seminar on writing covered calls in the stock market. if you understand the concept of stop-losses, covered calls is the single safest investment you can make, safer than mutual funds, even safer than real estate. the average covered call trade nets 6% PER MONTH, compounding every month you don't touch the money. That's how Warren Buffett got rich. writing covered calls. I'm trying to sell my motorcycle, which is my pride and joy, so i can start doing this. If i can invest 5k, using half my margin (a broker will let you borrow up to the entire value of your account. i'll use half, so it'll be 7500) making an average of 6% a month (if you get called out of the stock, that percentage can skyrocket), in 38 months, i could live on 5200 dollars every month without my account getting any smaller. 100k to retire and live wealthy. look into it.

Of course, lots of hookers is a good way to spend the money too.

7. see thats what i want to do to start. i will put a shit load into this stock shit but i know i need to talk to a guy about that shit cuz i have no idea how the shit works with the straight up finances of it.

but i want to do that and every so often just take a bit out and even by the time im done with the 2 or so classes i will take every semester, then i will have enough money made from the interest to starta new class.

i sure as fuck would keep my job cuz what i do now is like a foot in the door already. plus the engineering background i have from highschool i could get just about anywhere i need to. i already have 4 years of CAD. and im in a landscape design company and i actually like it. just not the program we are using. and the shitty organizational skills they have. but thats work.

but i would educate myself as a hobby and learn about the stock industry at the same time. i think its a pretty good combination cuz if i like doing it then it wouldnt be stressful to learn about shit i already have an interest in. and making money is good so i sure as hell would pay attention to my funds.

8. I wouldn't do cd's, unless you have a lot of money and money to spare. Ive put 10k into cd's for a year and onlyl made 400 dollars every six months and stocks can be risky and u lose everything and when u cash out it is like 40-50% taxed so calculate that into it.

9. tesupo's right, but there are ways around the taxes. it's true capital gains are taxable income, but there are ways you can structure yourself so you're largely tax-exempt. i'd also suggest getting "involved" in some network marketing, for no other reason than the tax benefits. you legally become a business once you join one of those things, and things like taking a "client" out for lunch, or visiting some friends in another town to "make contacts" are tax write-offs.

as far as losing everything goes, as long as you learn from the right people (i'll find out what company did the seminar i went to and post it here), and do your homework before hand, the worst you can do is break even on a covered call trade. Just stay away from stocks that have news pending (earnings, etc.), and you'll be pretty safe from the bottom falling out of any stock. if you're with the right broker (i can give you a few of those, too, if you want), you can put in sell orders that automatically execute once the stock hits or goes below a certain price, so you're protected.

Let me look up that company for you. I'll tell you exactly which seminars you need to take, and in what order. they're not cheap, though. they have entire weekends devoted to one type of trade that cost over 3 grand, but they're honestly worth every penny. the stock market is complex, and you really need to know your shit.

::Edit:: OH! and don't just throw your money into a charles schwabb account and let some money manager do your shit for you. unless you're dealing in hundreds of thousands of dollars to a million+, his commissions off you aren't going to be enough for him to give 2 shits about you when he's got other clients that are fucking whales. it'll cost you thousands in the long run. spend the money now on education, and handle your business yourself.

10. the company is Teach Me to Trade. their website is www.tmtt.com

it sucks, but you have to go to a free workshop before you can sign up for any real seminars. good news is the first actual seminar is only something like 399, and you get enough there that you can definitely get started making money. I went to that one, and it was well worth the 400 bones. look into it, and i'll help you out in any way i can.