Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Something exciting!

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by cuna, Aug 18, 2009.

1. I apologize for my misleading title, but now that I have you here if you have the time I'd much appreciate you take a read and offer up your oppinion. Much appreciated :)

Well I've been on this site for a while now, I haven't been posting too much but I've been trying to absorb as much information as possible.
    Even after looking around here there are still a couple things I'm not very clear on and I"d really appreciate it if you guys could help me out.

So I started smoking mostly at the beginning of this year, and I realized I love it. I've used an assortment of pipes that have been my own, and other varieties of smoking tools that aren't mine. And now that I got off my ass and have a job, I have the opportunity to get some of these tools of my own.

This is where I need you guys, I'm looking into buying my first bong. I don't want anything crazy, just something that gets the job done. I've done some looking around and it appears that Acrylic bongs aren't the best smoke, but they are very durable and a good start. Am I right? And do you guys have any suggestions about what to look for while I'm shopping for one?

There are another 2 things I"m interested, a grinder and a scale.
    I'm getting sick of having to be content that what I bought looks like what I'm told it is, and I'd much rather know for sure. So any ideas on a good scale, I don't need anything fancy, just something that gets the job done.

As for a grinder I've heard lots of conflicting ideas, but as a rule would you say dropping 10 or 15 bucks on a grinder is a solid investment?

I'm sorry for such a long post guys, hopefully you're not too stoned and you got through it all!

Thanks in advance for any answers, this is an awesome site!
    Stay high and have fun!
    :hello:

2. Yeah if you're just starting out with bongs Acryllic is a good choice. Personally I went straight to glass because I cant stand anything else, but whatever floats your boat.

Scale is a good choice, just make sure you dont get caught with it, because that's a sentence for intent to distribute.

As for the grinder, I would say that 10-20 is a good investment. Grinders are very useful, and you can use the leftover kief after a couple weeks/months of use for an intense high.

3. Thanks for the advice man!

This weekend I'm gonna head down to some headshops and look around, compare prices and hopefully pick everything up.

4. MAKE SURE that the grinder has a keif catcher/chamber,in other words its a chamber that screws off the bottom that the keef goes too.Generally these kinds are cheap and are durable.

5. I have never heard that in my life.

6. Haha, I wonder if they are going to raid the place where I got my scale:rolleyes:

I don't see how a scale means distributing?:confused:

7. [​IMG]

if you get caught with a scale and weed at the same time it looks like you are trying to sell weed. making it intent to distribute the product. its illegal if you didnt know. same if they find weed particles on the scale.

8. people don't use scales to buy????:confused::confused:

and i did know it illegal
    and it called paraphernalia, only if you have weed particles.

and it doesn't matter what it 'looks like'

am i wrong?

9. Thanks for the tip! I'll make sure to look for that!
    :)

10. Scales are used during the distribution process by allowing the seller to measure out the correct weight of Cannabis. This way the seller gives the correct amount, and the buyer receives the correct amount. Distributing Cannabis is illegal, so therefore if you have a scale and Cannabis in your possession when a Law Enforcement Officer searches you, you may and probably will be subject to a distribution charge.

;)

Not only sellers carry scales. Sometimes buyers carry scales on their person so that they positively know that they are not getting ripped off.

11. when it comes to grinders, USE EBAY!
    the grinders at my headshop were $20+ for a 2 piece
    i got my 4 piece chromium crusher for 16 bucks! its the best grinder ive ever used, or seen for that matter

12. I got my 4 piece at a gas station for 10 bucks. Sure it has a gay little design on the top, but i just put some duct tape over that.

Its simple and def not the best grinder out there, but it gets the job done.

13. Yea, I'd love to use Ebay but I still live with my parents.
    They don't mind that I smoke, but they don't love it either. So I'd rather do them the courtesy of not having smoking stuff delivered to their house.

I'm gonna check out some head shops and tell you guys how it goes!

Thanks for all the tips!

14. on the grinder it would be best to get one that has a magnetic locking to it just so if you drop it or something you dont get bud all over the place lol i've had some bad experiences when i was high trying to grind up some more but but also make sure it has a kief catcher on it they always come in handy. on the scale i would think buying a small one would be the best bet but idk i've never used a scale or bought one yet but have fun and good luck man lol

15. just get a grinder off ebay. i got a nice one for like 15 shipped.
    my first bong was acrylic and he hit like a champ. i would say pay the extra 10 and get a glass one though. its worth it

16. Dude, I got arrested with a scale and bud and a bowl and all that happened was i got a possession and paraphernalia charge. And the thing is, that wouldn't fucking stand in court they have to prove it, especially if you dont have that much bud. I mean look how many people just on these forums get scales just to make sure they don't get ripped off.

17. Go to your local headshop and buy glass. You could also probably find a grinder and scale up there.

18. Ya man, that's the plan. I've already picked out my bong and grinder. But I'm getting the scale from a buddy who doesn't want his anymore.

I'll post pictures when I have them! :hello:
    Thanks for all the advice guys, I love this forum!

Keep on toking :smoking:

19. As far as gongs go I just got the 250 ml ehle with ice cath for 50$. Pm me and I'll show u where... It's a awsome bong, hits so nice and smooth. For the price I don't think it can be beat.
    For grinders I would drop some cash on one but for now I just use a cup and scisors.
    I don't have or use a scale so I can't rly say much about that. But it sounds like u think your getting ripped.