Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Somethin i've been wondering (about gettin crossfaded)

Discussion in 'Seasoned Marijuana Users' started by huhwut, Jun 13, 2012.

1. So when one drinks then smokes does anyone actually know what happens to the body? Do the alcohol and the thc work independently or do they interact to give you that crossfade feel? Just something i've been wonderin, cause ive noticed when i do smoke while drinking i tend to not get hungover as bad.

Just seein if someone else knew more about it.

2. Back when I used to drink, I remember always chasing that "perfect levels" buzz I used to call it. Because the weed is good, the booze is good, but brother, mix them in the perfect levels each and it's SO much better. Too much of one against the other was disaster, but just right and woo..

Of course that was back when i used to consume alcohol, dark times indeed.

I used to wonder about this too.

3. I'm not sure what happens exactly chemistry-wise, however for me personally whenever I get twisted I tend to feel the alcohol more than the weed. Maybe its cause whenever I drink I tend to go a little over board by chugging the shit outta it. However, if I'm fucking with some kill like some wax or amber ice then I'll get zooted to another level. Idk I guess my tolerance for alcohol is less than weed? Just my 2 cents.

4. I dunno what happens exactly, but I'm in university, an age where many people tend to know their EXACT tolerance levels for everything, so I'm able to reach the above-mentioned "perfect level" on a regular basis and damn do I love it.

For anyone who doesn't smoke and drink together very often, I have one tip for you:

Smoke first, drink after. It's much easier to control how drunk you are vs. how high you are. I've never gotten sick from strictly weed or liquor, ever, nor have I ever gotten sick from the two together when taken in weed first.

But when I go liquor first then smoke, hoooooooo boy... I've had some rough nights... Dry heaving for 3-4 hours straight then waking up over your toilet at 7 am is not a fun time.

5. There is no order bro. Just drink and smoke and drink and smoke. Pretty soon you'll feel good. The more the gooder.

6. [quote name='sektr']Smoke first, drink after. It's much easier to control how drunk you are vs. how high you are. I've never gotten sick from strictly weed or liquor, ever, nor have I ever gotten sick from the two together when taken in weed first.

Uhh I'd have to disagree with you on that homie. Thousands of people fucking overdose from alcohol poisoning + DUI deaths and all that shit. Weed = HARMLESS. Much much easier to control how high you are.

7. No man he's right. It's not a weed vs alcohol thing; you're reading this the wrong way. It depends on your initial condition before drinking or smoking. Obviously being drunk already then smoking is bad because alcohol puts you in a worse condition than weed would (i.e. drunk instead of stoned).

As for the OP it's a bit of both isn't it? Also I'd say it entirely depends on the person and their situation as well so who knows how it would work for you.

8. Yeah, when I was already drunk and then started smoking, I got the spins and puked. However, when I've smoked and then started drinking or was a little buzzed and then smoked, I was fine.

9. Reread his post.

10. I remember one time getting drunk then smoking way too much after. Spent 3 hrs puking on my floor. Vomit from the alcohol....but i couldnt get off the floor cos i had the worst couchlock haha. Was woken up by my dad in the morning (i was leaning over the toilet by this time). I had somehow managed to clean up a massive pile of vomit (that i had been laying in :eek:) using toilet paper. The room must of smelt like ass. Was not fun!

If u get the balance between alcohol and weed right, it is the most fun u can have :hello:

11. If I smoke before I start drinking, and get drunk while still stoned, I can smoke all night and drink all night and be fine. Doesn't matter what I'm drinking.
    But, for some reason, if I get drunk prior to getting high, I get the spins like a motherfucker.
    Of course, it depends on how drunk I am prior to getting high and if I'm drinking beer or liquor or mixing. If I'm just drinking beer, I tend to not get the spins as bad (I still will, it just depends on if I smoke/drink "too much"). Liquor or beer+liquor is a guaranteed case of the spins (and quite frequently, driving the porcelain bus).
    I still don't know why this is. I figure it's a "beer before liquor" kind of thing.

12. gota smoke drink smoke drink smoke smoke smoke spin's pass out!!!! one time i got a couple of sprak's high voltage higher alc content ... drank em on the way home from work took a shower got a couple more mike's harder mango.. i think they had like 8 percent.. so anyway's go over to the girl's house load up some of the last of my herb get like three real good rip's from it and automaticly start spinnig and not feling good and i was like this is going to be fun ... she get's out of the shower and say's she would only be a few more miniutes and i saw to here drunk as fuck sounding" im only not going to be sick for a few more miniutes and then a miniute later i was puking abd dry heaving for an hour or two and then just passed out!! decided not to really drink to much after that... unless special occassion's haha

13. yeah, a few nights back I had few ciders, then smoked a bowl, to say the least, I think it was the highest I've been for a long time; It was amazing.

So I know what you mean when trying to get the right amount of alcohol and bud.

14. When you're really drunk, and you're just about to put a piece to your lips and you're so damn happy thinking, "Holyyy shit, I'm about to get stoned :smoke::smoke::smoke:"

Damn that's awesome

15. Seeing a lot of talk about that "perfect balance" honestly just recently i decided to try some science and came up with this. Personal to me of course.

50-80oz of beer (havent tried liqour + weed, dont wanna lol)
    And just a few puffs (4 or 5) of some dankity dank.

Honestly i usually start drinkin first cause when im already high i dont feel like booze, but im always down to smoke if im already kinda drunk. Does anyone else have their booze to weed ratio figured out?

16. A little weed with a nice alcohol buzz is fucking amazing. The order doesn't matter, it's the amount. Moderation is the key, don't act like a fool and overload your body.

17. I realize now though, that i prefer a nice clean vapo high without the taint of alcohol or other drugs ruining it. I really like and appreciate pot, removing alcohol didn't diminish the pot buzz.

Never being hungover is a precious thing!

18. I love Smoking a little before drinking. Then once i'm pretty drunk, smoking a fatty spliff. It satisfies the "I'm drunk and want a cigarette" and the "let's get high" in me. :smoke:

19. a blunt and a 40, consume so you finish both at the same time, Perfect crossfade.

If you feel like you have to much of either, Then just do more of the other

20. lol, i'd be dead if i drank a 40.