Someone who knows cobs please help

Discussion in 'Grow Room Design/Setup' started by SpliffShady25, Jul 10, 2017.

1. Please don't give me links on where to get cobs or cob kits. I need someone who knows what he's talking about to guide me and please do not suggest cmh or anything as my main concern is saving on electricity. I have an 11 by 18 room which about 100 square feet will be flower the rest veg. I am looking at diy cob set up but am really dumb so have an electrician to set everything up for me. I have about 16 seeds sprouted and are hungry for light. I tried to do my own research but ended up with a headache numerous times. I don't need the absolute best or up to date set up just something that will get me fire weed. This is my first grow is legal and I will have 30 veg 30 clones and 30 flowering at a time. My seedlings will be mothers so please help me I may pick up a 6 bulb 4foot t5 set up today for the mothers but I really need a guide and I don't know any local growers especially any with led experience. PLEASE help and try not to throw me off track. For vero 29s gen 7 should I get 68v or 36 v I don't know how many watts was planning on gettin 100 3000k and 50 5000k. Just help please I'm so dumb and confused. N just need a lot of good medicine.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

2. optimum would be 50w sq/ft good would be 30w per sq/ft for cobs

• Like Like x 1
  3. Is it better if I get 75 of 5000k and 75 3000k so I can get some blue int the flower room or will all red in flower get me better results?

4. Sounds very expensive lol! Have you talked to an advertiser?

5. 3000-3500k for flower and 5000-6500k for veg

• Like Like x 1
  6. So are you thinking of coming in with 75 w per sq ft with a mix of blue and red, that's around 15000 watts,
    It's good you have an electrician, that's alot of work, veros are good, citizens are decent also and can be sourced at reasonable prices
    What are you thinking for drivers, and cooling?
    Sealed room,?
    I think a little more info might help folks point ya in the right direction,
    I would Kill, for a space even 1/2 that size
    Let us know what ya go with

Boom4200 winter spring grow journal

Boom4200 winter spring grow journal

7. No I wouldnt know who to talk to are you talking about like mars or scorpion or something?

8. Are u on rollitup

9. Hey I was thinking 50 38v vero 29s in veg 5000k and a hundred in flower 3000k the max at about 81 watts I was thinking about running them around 60 watts for better efficiency so about 9000 watts in total. I am going to run the lights at night so I don't have to pay peak hour electricity prices. Seems like most people are using meanwell drivers with leds. My sister pretty much keeps our house a fridge so I don't think cooling will be much of an issue but I want to go with passive heat sinks I heard arctic something is a good company. I'm getting the room built gunna seal it off the best I can. My main problem is fucking earwigs eating the leaves of three of my test plants that I got from bag seed that are sitting in the tub under cfls but that's another story. Reason I haven't purchased yet is I wanna make sure I'm getting all the right stuff.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Ya I am r u a fellow Canadian? Noticed a lot of Canadians on that site. My name is hotboxed Cadillac on roll it up

• Like Like x 1
  11. Lol ill check it out. Naw im not Canadian. I live in 'merica lol

• Like Like x 2
  12. Im like a 6 hour drive to detroit probably the closet drive towards canada. I live right by Chicago il

13. 9000watts is more then your AC is going to handle bro.

Per 4x4 tent/section 4 cobs raised my temp by about 8-11f and the 4 were ran at 40watts a piece your going to have to have some exterior vent or a dedicated AC system for your room

14. Ye I'm gunna have an fan to bring fresh air in and push old air out and venting but will one in and one out be enough plus my ac?

Ps thanks for the numbers those r gunna help out alot