someone save my plant

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by falconshockey88, Nov 23, 2013.

1. My plant got hit and bent, stem is not broken but its hurt as you can see. Will this fix itself if i prop up the plant? It was doing so well before.... COMMENTS AND QUESTONS. Snapshot_20131123_5.JPG Snapshot_20131123_6.JPG

2. Did the stem get bent at the soil line? It also looks a little stretched , how close is your light to it?

3. #3 Happy Grows, Nov 23, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 23, 2013
    Bending = fine
    Breaking = bad

You're looking alright, let nature fix it!

It doesn't seem like it bent at the soul line, but indeed it stretched a hell of a lot.

I also had this problem OP!

4. #4 falconshockey88, Nov 23, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 23, 2013
    They lights are like 4 inches away from them..... i hope its not stretched but its got 5 solid leaves up top, just needs to thicken its base. How can i get it to become less stetched and help it get back on course?

Make sure it receives enough light! What lights are you using? 
    Put your hand above the plant, and slowly move the light closer. The temperature should be just right, not too hot, try keeping it under 30C!

6. You could possibly put a little more soil in there and build it up a bit around the stem to help support it. It will recover, as delicate as they are they can handle a lot. I knocked a seedling about that size of the table and found it all crumpled up under all the dirt. I replanted it gently and it's one of my most thriving plants right now. Don't sweat it.

7. Yes, the stem will just start growing roots if you cover it in more dirt!

8. If your using cfl's, they can almost touch the plant and not be too close. I would get a small fan and start putting some moving air on it. That will help strengthen the stem.

9. I have 4 Indoor Ottlite Grow Bulbs. 2 lights per 6 plants. They have worked well for me in the past for smaller amounts of plants. Comments on the bulbs? No one ever seems to know what im talking about. Thanks

10. You'll just have to move it close enough, for it to reach the most of it's light, but not be too hot.
    You're using CFLs, so you should be able to move it a bit closer I think.

11. So are you saying the Ottlite bulbs im using are still cfl bulbs? is so, do you know their give off off lumens and how much their wattage is? Thanks

12. Are you talking about these bulbs?
    http://www.ott-lite.com/c-92-bulbstubes.aspx
    You bought the bulbs, you should know their lumens and wattage :D

13. Bury the little fella right up to the leafy top. It will love it.

14. There are twenty watt lights, they are not telling the lumens ratio ( http://www.lightbulbsdirect.com/page/001/CTGY/FLFSOtt ) :(
    I found a type of light that seems to have the same specs as the OTT LITTLE and they offer a 65Lumens/Watt (http://www.1000bulbs.com/product/3646/FC20-NL20127.html?tid=car) so if they have roughly the same amount of lumens you would have about 1300 lumens per lamp..

15. Your soil looks pretty wet for a seedling IMO.  The second close up pic is kind of blurry, but is there a ring on the stem at the soil line?

Adding more soil is a great suggestion, but I'd back off the watering before I did that.