Someone please tell me what is up with my plants!

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by DieselDave, Aug 30, 2010.

1. Hey guys! I've got some funky business going on with my plants. I'm running a bubbleponics system with 4 plants on 2 100w CFLs in a grow closet. I would upload some pics but I keep getting errors. if someone gives me their email address I'll send them some pics. Any info is greatly appreciated!

2. canasta_man_27@yahoo.com i dont know to much about bubbleponics or any hydro system but i can help you if its a deficiancy of some sort. send me the pics and ill let you know if i can help

3. resize your pics and upload 1 or 2 at a time.

4. Its not the size. My jpegs are only 2mb. My plants are wilting and dont look healthy. I've trried to upload my pics but can't. GC admin said they're working on the problem. if I send the pics to someone can they upload them or something?

5. sure man, send me a pm and i'll upload em for ya

6. Here's his pics

Attached Files:

7. Thanks for posting those! I owe ya! Anyone know what's going on with my plants? I started 12/12 this week, hoping for some change. Everyone else's pics look like bud, mine looks like a wild weed.

8. i don't know much about dwc as it were but it looks like your ph is off. most plants don't twist like that unless the ph is off by a good bit, or water level too high maybe? not 100% sure.

9. personally id trim all those dead leafs off, clean your plant up a little bit and that in itself will clean it up slightly.

10. PH....for sure man..

11. also looked like the temp was kinda low, but thats not causing that problem

12. I'm gonna prune them when I get home. Hope I don't clip too much. Any suggestions or tips on pruning? I keep the ph at 6 but the tank might be too full

13. your tds might be high too. if your ph is close to where it should be you might have a salt build up. the twisting is a pretty good give away. i'd only prune what is pretty much dead. if the yellowing bothers you you can cut it off but don't take the whole leaf, it's still providing the plant with energy.

14. I think it might be the temp. Cause inside the grow box it says its 50degrees F. I'm sure it drops down at night too. I live in really hot climate.

15. What do you mean my tds might be too high? I checked the ph with one of those little strips and it said the ph was 6.5. What would I have to do if there is salt build up?

16. If your lights on temps are 50F. and it drops at night below that IMHO you are not ready to grow period!!

Night temps should never go below 55F,and plants can't use Co2 well at those temps.

Get a heater in there if you want anything from it.

Don't prune,just pull out the dead leaves because they bring bugs and disease.

17. Thanks for the advice! Thanks for the attitude as well, we all can't live in Cali!