Someone please tell me otherwise

Discussion in 'Marijuana Business and Industry' started by SmhTWIF, Mar 26, 2014.

1. I have a question. Where do profits from recreational marijuana go?
    Or medicinal?
    I know it sounds somewhat of a dumb question but I have seen so many people on the financial channel, along with MSNBC, smiling and talking about how they're making oodles upon oodles of profit off the new marijuana sales.
    It's just not coming in clear to me for some reason.. is marijuana just making a few companies millions, paying out some taxes to the government? I guess the original idea of this topic was 'are there fatcats in charge of the companies that are raking in a bunch of money personally?' I mean I would understand if that's basically what happens, but if there's that large of a profit after the taxes collected, why isn't that money going into like a fund for medical research or something? I mean, weren't people who needed it for medicinal properties (HIV patients) the ones who fought the hardest for marijuana to become decriminalized, possibly even one day legal?
    I know I shouldn't be surprised IF that is the case, but maybe dumbfounded.

That's somewhat a hoshposh of unclear questions but I would really appreciate it if someone familiar with the marijuana sales business could answer any of those, or maybe explain it better? Thanks

2. This topic can be removed, I found an article on Slate that answered my questions.

3. From my experience . The ones makin oodles and oodles of cash are spending it on more and more grow equipment to further add to the yield. I haven't herd of anyone setting up anything that is positive. Just a bunch of idiots spending It on frivolous things like rims and cars and strip clubs . Drinking the finest wines . Smoking the fattest Cubans rolled up into blunts .
    People that do these Hugh grow a in warehouse are criminals. I don't care if it legal ,recreational, decriminalized, there's no way that's what anyone had in mind. Look at It this way . There's such a high supply and demand for this stuff . It would be nice if It was a collective . Were everyone brought in they stash And used left over profits for something good for the cannabis industries . You don't make that much money and not get audited. It will all catch up with its self.
    I'd like to see the article you found could you please post a link for ol grandpa?

Sent from your mom's phone.

4. #4 Number21, Apr 14, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 14, 2014

This guy is an idiot and has no idea what he keeps spewing about. Ignore him.

Name calling and disrespect are not tolerated here.
    ICGreen