Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Someone Please Help Me :/

Discussion in 'Marijuana Consumption Q&A' started by jigmau, Jun 6, 2013.

1. I also have general loneliness and anxiety and it really helps a lot, so when I don't have money for it or something, it does suck really bad. It's not technically addictive, but it sucks when you've been smoking daily for a year (such as my situation) and then you don't have any. It turns me really grumpy when I don't have anything to smoke, part of the withdrawal. I'd recommend doing something, like going to the gym every day you don't have it and running a lot and lifting a lot. 

If it helps, make it seem like you have to earn it via going to the gym and living a really healthy lifestyle. Eventually you will have it again, but you'll be more ripped (oh snap, double meaning at it's finest) and feeling great. 

2. #62 orangegrovekush, Jun 12, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 16, 2013
    I never once denied that everything can be psychologically addictive. i agreed with that. also unmentionable is physically and psychologically addictive................ but you are basically saying being addicted to something that is harmful is the same as being addicted to something that isnt yes the addiction is the same but being addicted to weed is c ompletely different to being addicted to growing plants what harm will you get from growing the plants? none. harm from weed addiction? fines,criminal records,memory loss,no money, lung damage if you smoke, is possible to cause mental problems. also you seem like you are super proud of yourself writing a long ass post like that as if you think people will worship you for  it. also i am always open to listen to other peoples opinions, beliefs etc but that doesn't mean i have to agree with them and believe what they believe in. just like you dont believe in what i think is true so its kind of hypocritcal saying that ear plugin crap

3. #63 MileHighPotHead, Jun 13, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 13, 2013
    Your arrogance astounds me.. You may think you know everything about weed, but no one does.  That shows when you compared cocaine to mary jane in this post.  Don't even go there, you sound like my ex-cokehead mother trying to convince me that smoking a joint is the same as blowing a line..  Just no haha. No.  If you knew what you claim to know you wouldn't even bring up cocaine or any other hard drug into a debate about weed.  Now those harder drugs are addicting.  But lets just not go there.
    Because YOU keep mentioning weed being "psychologically addictive".  All I'm saying is it is stupid and I could argue any pleasurable thing in this world to have psychologically addictive properties.  
    EVERYONE is a lot different than no one I have ever met in my entire life. Nor has my ex therapist met anyone whom experiences withdrawals from weed.  OP smoke cigs, he cut his use to 1/4 of what it was.  NOW THAT CAN CAUSE WITHDRAWALS.  Find me ONE person who only smokes weed and doesn't get blitzed for 2 days and experiences these "withdrawals" you speak of.  It might give some credibility to your opinion.

BTW buy a vape pen and whenever you want a cig smoke that.  Why pay to give yourself cancer? Smoke that pure smoke haha.

4. #64 orangegrovekush, Jun 13, 2013
    did you even read what i said? you keep saying ive said this or that when ive never even said it. and i never compared mary to unmentionables so wtf are u on about? all i said was being addicted to unmentionables is completely different to being addicted to flying a kite. just like addiction to caffeine is completely different to a growing plants addiction is. also i agree i dont know everything about weed there is still tons of sht we have to learn from it but i still know some sht.

5. OP has now quit smoking btw (it helps a shit load) ;p I'm basically fine now.

6. WTF?  Your exact words were "there's a difference between being addicted to cocaine and riding a bike."  NOONE even said the word cocaine before you.  So yes, you did bring up cocaine addiction in a marijuana debate.  Not only are you ignorant, but forgetful as well. If it had nothing to do with your arguement why bring it up?  Ignorance is bliss in most situations, but in this case I believe it to be comparable to stupidity.  I'm quoting your posts and then replying with what I got out of them, to avoid further misunderstandings post more carefully and stop talking out your ass.  If you know so much about weed half of your comments wouldn't have been posted.  Just the sheer fact that you bring up the word cocaine in any weed related debate is complete arrogance if not stupidity.  I said this before, I'm done posting on this thread.  The only person replying is just a poser reppin the buffalo soldiers while trying to convince other uneducated tokers about weeds potential "cocaine like" addictions.   
    Ha ha haha tee-hee-hee-hee.  
    Once more not posting on this again and good for you OP, sorry you don't get to experience the joy of jane anymore, but maybe it's for the best if you honestly believe you're addicted.  Or do you mean smoking cigs?  I recommend quitting those before weed, those will kill you (it's proven) and those do give physical as well as psychological withdrawal symptoms.  It is highly likely that you experienced your panic attack from cutting down on cigarettes.  I later noticed my first attack was a week after quittting stogys cold turkey.  
    Don't listen to what people like orangegrovekush have to say, it's bullshit.  I know literally next to nothing about weed, there is still so much to be learned, but anyone who argues that weed is addictive to the point of necessity is either weak or stupid.  Just drop those cancer sticks buddy, you'll thank me for it.  Buy a vape and hit it whenever you start freaking out, tell yourself "I'm saving myself" and never look back.  Why would smoking weed make you panic, but smoking a pack of lung cancer sticks a day just makes you feel fine?  That's dependence, that's addiction, that is what you need to avoid/prevent at all costs. I know quitting is hard, but it's hella worth it.  Youll feel better, look better, and act happier.  

7. #67 orangegrovekush, Jun 14, 2013
    Your basically implying that just because you dont get addicted that everyone else has a clone body like yours and doesnt to. i brang up the cocaine sht because you said " everything in existence is psychologically addictive" so i was comparing unsafe addiction to safe addiction...so what if everything is psychologically addictive wtf are you tryna say by that? you are basically agreeing that weed is psychologically addictive. and just because this is a marijuana debate doesnt mean i was automatically comparing cocaine to weed i was clearly comparing the coke to riding a bike as you said.

i never said "theres a difference between being addicted to unmentionables and being addicted to weed" did i?

i said unmentionables because i wanted to compare a dangerous addiction to a safe addiction so you could get that through your head.

i bet everything you know about weed is just from what you read on weed forums. i will no longer reply to any of your bs.

8. How are you feelin' now bud?

9. itl be good man i personally catstand being around anothr liing soul if im nt (up there ) lol but it slowly fades after iv quie for a while ....but peope are still anoying ..jus sayin

10. #70 MileHighPotHead, Jun 14, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 14, 2013
    And you're basically implying that just because you can't handle your shit everyone else is a clone of you and must be a bitch smoker too.
    Now you're just posting what I posted flip flopped. If you are against smoking quit ass. Stop ruining people's good time with your anti pot bullshit.
    If you were strong in any psychologically relevant way you would understand why me bringing up how everything is psychologically addictive is relevant? You don't fein for your coffee if you don't get it so why do you fein for weed? You don't. That's stupid and it's all in your head. Go receive professional (I.e drug counciling/psychotherapy) if you honestly believe you are addicted. You got problems if you're claiming to be addicted.. I recommend changing your avatar too. Mr marley would be ashamed.

If you're done postin then stop, but every time I see some retarded reply in my notifications I feel obligated to post my opinion. So just stop. You claim to be 100% right I claim this is my opinion. You're no expert nor am I, but atleast Im not ignorant enough to believe what random kids on GC have to say when they claim to be right. I'm sharing my experience, think it wrong all you want, but in my (and ALL of the 18-30 year old tokers who I met in co) personal experiences weed is as far away from addictive as possible. Id argue that sports, everyday entertainment, and beverages/food made for pleasure are more destructive and addictive that weed.
    People who don't drink coffee get pissed. Kids play too many video games. And I always have sports (not weed) on my mind.

Sorry I'm not a clone of you, but shit the way you talk about weed I'm kinda glad at the same time. Enjoy hating, imma get high.

Ps. This is grass city not cocaine and biking city. Get your websites together. "Do not post about other drugs" is also a rule. Why even bring up the white girl on this site? It has no relevance.

Pps I've been on this forum less than a month. I've been smoking for over 5 years of my life. So obviously yea I've learned everything in a month. Stop making false accusations about me. You don't know me and I don't know you, while you make personal attacks I speak on general topics. If you want a flame war I don't mind a few warning points, but id rather you not going there. Stop replying now kid. Quit weed if you have that outlook on it. Dueces.

Ppps. A dangerous addiction is cocaine because its destructive. Skiing for me is an addiction and I could argue it as dangerous too. Why? Cuz I hurt myself skiing alot. Now I've never been hurt from weed. But I imagine that putting gasoline soaked chemicals (cocaine) into your brain is damaging.. That's the first logical thing you've said, now I don't get the relevance at all as weed isn't chemically created or made with rat poison, gasoline, or paint thinners, but true.. Cokes nasty shit. Glad we can agree on something.

Please don't quote me again orangegrovekush, all of your replies so far have been quite annoying and even more opinionated.

11. #71 AuhMayZing, Jun 14, 2013

I was going to make another huge reply explaining why you're wrong on so many of your points, but you're far too stubborn for me and I'd rather not waste my time having an argument with someone who won't pay any mind anyway. So if you were trolling, then you win - I guess. If not, oh my.

12. #72 Pheonixteam, Jun 14, 2013
    Same shit happen to me.:mellow:

13. #73 jigmau, Jun 16, 2013
    To everyone wondering...I'm at 1.5 weeks now and I'm almost fully recovered, disregarding some underlying tension and the occasional feeling of detachment. Should be good within next few days :) One thing I realized is that this wasn't necessarily caused by bud...Like others have said : it triggered a predisposition (mine being a short depressive "episode" or w/e). I just wasn't noticing any of my problems cause I was baked all the time and it was time to face them sober  ^_^ Nearly time for a nother b!

14. #74 orangegrovekush, Jun 16, 2013
    I would like to see proof of when i said " im addicted" also you tell me to stop postin yet you said 2 times already that you will stop posting hypocritical much?. also you talk about weed like its drinking a glass of water. i never said and am not saying weed is a dangerous addiction i agree that its safer than alcohol,cigarettes, and caffeine but i am not going to say that it's not addictive and not harmful also i know it hasnt killed anyone and never will.

what i dont understand is you agree that everything in existence can be psychologically addicting but you dont agree that weed can be addictive.

15. #75 MileHighPotHead, Jun 16, 2013
    I did say I wasn't going to reply, but I also said everytime I see a RETARDED post I feel a necessity to put my input.  Which is what I'm doing, once again, in an attempt to understand what is going through your mind.  That, my friend, is not hypocrisy, but instead the desire to put my input in a matter that I believe to be 1000000% wrong.  IE your argument.  You yourself said you weren't going to reply, and I had my heart set on not, but just the fact that you took one more step to call me out kind of sealed the deal on my reply.  All I desired was to state my reasonings of why I personally believe weed to not be addictive based on past events in my life.  All you have done is establish that weed is a little harmful, but so is almost everything else in this world.  Nor do I really care, I just want people to stop spewing this weed is addictive crap.  Try experiencing a REAL addiction if you are so set on your completely unrealistic beliefs.  The day scientific studies are done on the addictive qualities of marijuana, I might believe you, but until then just stop talking like you know the facts, you don't and neither do I.  But at least I can admit all of my statements are my personal opinion based on nothing more than my life experiences.  I may be wrong and so might you, but the very least you could do is state "this is opinion" in your posts instead of preaching your ideals to the GC forums.  
    You went from "anyone who says weed isn't addictive is in denial, including you (me)"  to "there is a difference between blowing coke and riding a bike" (what?) to now "it's less addictive than caffeine"?  Your argument is invalid.  At least I kept my argument to the main points: weed isn't addictive if you have self control, everything in this world is "addictive" by YOUR definition (not mine, yours), and what the hell are you talking about coke for?
    I am the farthest from a hypocrite.  I do as I say and say as I do.  I smoke weed everyday and KNOW I can quit cold turkey for the simple fact that I have self control.  I smoke cigs everyday and I CANT quit cold turkey because it is addictive.  You on the other hand have no rights to call me a hypocrite.  You claim weeds addictiveness and preach to a (most likely young) person in need that "weed is addictive and anyone who doesn't agree is in denial" and now you say that it is "less addictive than most things and know that it won't kill anyone" that is hypocrisy down to its very definition.  You preach that you know so much about weed, if that's true why do you keep changing your argument?  I don't.  Argument: if you have self control you can quit smoking weed, coffee is more addicting, there are NO withdrawal physical symptoms, and that the fact that someone who bad mouths weed like yourself is repping Mr. Marley is making him roll over in his grave.
    I could say the same to you.  You brought up cocaine and biking to show that weed isn't dangerously addictive?  I'm calling bullshit.  You most likely realized how stupid that sounded and then corrected yourself with this.  I never said it wasn't harmful either.  If it wasn't I wouldn't have bought my 300$ vape in an attempt save my already burnt lungs.
    I never said it wasn't addictive either, all I said is that if you have ANY amount of self control it shouldn't be addictive in the way you described.  I actually said that "sitting in a room alone wishing you could blaze isn't addiction".  So yes, according to your definition of an "addiction" I acknowledged weed to be addictive, but according to MY definition weed addiction is nothing more than a want.   Such as how you want to chew gum or want to drink coffee people WANT weed.  Addiction is a feeling of necessity, if you actually feel the necessity of weed in your everyday life you are one of the very little (I assume) who are actually addicted.  All you other "addicts" need to get off the couch and hang out with a friend.

16. i like this milehighpothead guy, dude knows what hes talking about

17. Haha thanks man.  You seem like a good guy yourself!

Agreed. Today is day 7 for me and weed is a WANT not a NEED. An addiction is something you need, or else you will get physically sick without it. While the past 7 days hasn't been easy, I can tell you it's nothing like what someone with a real addiction would feel. The emotional roller coaster I have been on is not because of an addiction, but rather, I'm not baked all day every day so I am more aware of what is going on around me.

I had a really bad craving for it today, so I went to the pool and hung out for awhile, talked to some people and drank some water. Before, I would always have to be high to go and do anything. I'm not quitting forever, but I can tell you that when I do come back, it will not be to the level I was at before. 1-2x per week as a reward is what I want to do with it.

If you think weed is physically addicting I would say it's all in your head. While I have experienced insomnia, headaches and a decreased appetite, I would say those are a result of my brain reacting to not getting it's 3x/day dosage of THC. As milehigh said, he can quit [many others have as well] smoking pot cold turkey, but he CAN'T quit smoking cigarettes cold turkey. That's the difference between a want and a need.

19. #79 orangegrovekush, Jun 17, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 17, 2013
    Just letting you know i am not going to bother reading your long ass post. immature  i could keep replying and you will never stfu just dont think when i dont reply to anymore of ur bullshit that you've gotten through to me. i'll be the mature one and wont ever reply after this you cant stand not having the last say

20. immature? youre the one cursing and getting all angry, the other guy was being quite reasonable i thought.. cmon man this is just getting ridiculous