Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Someone Please Help Me :/

Discussion in 'Marijuana Consumption Q&A' started by jigmau, Jun 6, 2013.

1. Ignorance is bliss ^_^

2. Your psychological dependance is crap.  You can argue that coffee, bubblegum, texting, mints, sunflower seeds, and any other means of distraction/entertainment are "psychologically addictive" as well.  I like to chew sunflower seeds when I drive, it helps me concentrate on just the road.  I have bad ADD so if I'm just driving without doing anything else I go insane.  Is this a psychological dependance?  Do you really think I'm going to freak out and crash my car because I don't have seeds?  I smoke weed cuz I like to.  Do you really think I'm going to freak out when I quit for a week?  
    Have you seen a person who drank coffee everyday for 10 years one day not drink coffee?  They look like shit.  Have you seen an alcoholic without his booze?  They either are pissed or unresponsive.  Have you seen a cigarette fein without his cancer stick?  He's pissed the fuck off?  Have you seen a normal person who smokes weed quit for a week?  They look and act fine.  

I smoke cuz I like to smoke.  If you were addicted to cigarettes you should know better.  When I quit cold turkey I got headaches, cold sweats, and was extremely tired all the time.  When I quit weed I don't eat as much.. A little bit of a difference between addictions don't you think.  And you also just verified my point "psychologically addictive" meaning you experience no physical signs of withdrawal that come with addictions.  Some depressed kids abuse drugs because mommy and daddy were too hard on them, but most of us here tried weed the first time for one simple reason, we were curious.  We contintue to smoke because, after that first experience, we found that we liked something weed did to us.  
    Now I DO believe that when you smoke all day everyday and quit you might feel like you "need it" if you are a weak person, but I myself (nor anyone else whom I have ever associated myself with) have NEVER felt this.  All it is is want!  Not a feeling of necessity.  Do you sit scratching your face, arms, and legs raw because you don't have your daily fix of THC?  If you do, either you got some laced-ass weed or you need serious help.  If you can't do ANYTHING without your fix, feel lost, and just plain want to disapeer for the sole reason that you do not have a certain chemical you are accustomed to, you are addicted.  If you're just being a lazy asshole sitting in your room wishing you could smoke a bowl instead of going and doing something with your life/time you're just ignorant and, quite frankly, a idiot.  
    I'm going to guess the definition of a "psychological addiction" is the latter.
    Also I'm not saying I'm an expert on weed, but having gone through MANY addictions because of my ex-depression/care for my life, I can safely say that I am in no way addicted to weed.  Sure my arms random pain comes back or my back spasms when I am not medicated, but I don't physically or psychologically need it!
    Two friends just got busted by the cops and were put on probation.  No more smoking for them.  How much do you want to bet they aren't sitting in their rooms crying about not being able to toke up?  I bet if they say this thread they would agree that this is just stupid and that weed isn't addictive for people who have a normal social status in society.  Maybe for the kids who haven't talked to another person (besides online) for years weed might become the only means of "normality", but for any normal adult/teenager who is actively participating in their day-to-day life (and actually do something with said life) it isn't addicted in the least.

PS day four tolerance break today AND IM LIVID.... Sike..

3. All I can say is : you're a pretty shitty driver then (offence intended).

4. bro there are tons of people who get withdrawals from quiting weed. i have read people talk about getting headaces,nausea,cant eat, cant sleep,stress,irritable, and look like shit stop trying to make weed out to be that its as safe as water it is safe but not as safe as you think.

1) Look up hypochondriac.

2) Get booze - will stop feeling anxiety. :p

6. #46 orangegrovekush, Jun 9, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 9, 2013

What are you trying to say? that because everything else can be psychologically addictive weed isnt? when did i say i didn't know that? there's a BIG difference tho.. if someone is addicted to flying a kite everyday what harm will that do to them? nothing. If someone is addicted to weed and smokes everyday it can do some serious harm 3 years later. criminal record,fines, and broke from spending so much money on weed, and then lung damage (any smoke damages your lungs) is known to cause some mental issues i am not saying it does this to everyone but it does happen.

7. #47 Wiggibow, Jun 9, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 9, 2013
    You are claiming people get withdrawals from weed. This simply does not happen and you're missing the point of the conversation. NOBODY here would argue with you what weed can't be psychologically addicting because literally everything can be. It comes down to the person and has nothing to do with the substance or act they are addicted to. Your point doesn't make any sene dude

8. No thanks, i'd prefer to not become dependent on yet ANOTHER substance and work through my problems on my own. I hate alcohol anyway.

9. If it was "safe as water" I would be rippin bowls 24/7, but I'm not.  There's no getting through to you.  You get headaches after not drinking coffee.  You get sick after drinking too much pop..  So yea, I guess it is pretty damn safe if those two every day items come with comparable side affects (not withdrawals) of cease of use. 
    Your argument is invalid.  I never even said it was safe as water, just not physically addictive or even psychologically addictive to the point where use should be VERY small amounts.  Smoking weed, just like inhaling any smoke, hurts your lungs.  No shit it's not safe as water, but if you have ANY amount of self control it shouldn't be addictive in the least.  If it is try getting out of the house.

10. If you can't balance your use then don't do drugs.

11. As soon as he mentions he smoked weed everyday the doctor will start talking out of his ass and he'll blame weed 100 percent, America's medical care is a fucking joke.

12. Get a dog................

13. #53 orangegrovekush, Jun 10, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 10, 2013
    Fact 1 weed can be psychologically addictive even your buddy agrees. Fact 2 you can get withdrawals from weed. maybe you and me both have different definitions of what withdrawals mean.. not being able to sleep after quiting weed is a withdrawal. and almost everyone has difficulty sleeping after heavy smoking then quiting cold turkey. idk how long you've been smoking but im guessing your  new probably only smoke here and there.

Even theccc420 agrees with what im saying because they have talked about it in one of their old videos and im pretty sure they know more about weed than me and you.

Side effects are negative effects that you get after trying something. withdrawals is what you get after stoping something. as far as i know weed has no side effects unless you are allergic bad heart etc but you will definitely get withdrawls after quiting everyday smoking cold turkey.

14. #54 MileHighPotHead, Jun 11, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 11, 2013
    Almost everyone who quits drinking coffee has fatigue and weight gain issues.  Same thing?  I'm done arguing with you, your he said she said posts are invalid and somewhat irritating.  
    If you can't handle yourself and are weak enough to get "addicted".  Quit, you shouldn't be smoking anyways

Wrong again, I quit 6 days ago after smoking everyday and I didn't have withdrawals.  Either I'm the only special one in this world or there is something more than meets the eye regarding addictions to marijuana.  

15. This is probably it. That's a huge nicotine cutdown. It's cold turkey not weed.
    Definetly that. If it's not that I'd say it's psychosomatic.

16. #56 AuhMayZing, Jun 11, 2013

Psychologically addicting is just a way to say "habit forming" in a negative way. ANYTHING enjoyable, literally anything can be "Psychologically addicting" video games, TV, music, food, movies, the internet, drawing, sports etc can all be "addicting" by this logic. Which is incredibly misleading and down right stupid to say, so just stop.

Not sleeping wouldn't be a withdrawal. you can't lose something (sleeping in this case) you never had in the first place. If you can't eat, and you smoke to be able to eat, then quit which results in you not being able to eat again, does not qualify as a withdrawal.

I've said this so many times. The human body can't adjust within a day to something you've been doing for a while over a period of time. It requires time to catch up and cope with whatever you've stopped or started. This applies to everything, not just weed.

and telling by your awful grammar, spelling and the fact that you think TheCCC420 is 100% reliable about Marijuana facts, makes you highly ignorant. I know people who have smoked for thirty years and counting, and they still believe holding in smoke for a long time "gets you higher" - so just because someone has been doing it for a while, doesn't constitute them as being right or a completely reliable source for correct information.

I'm not trying to jump your shit, but when you go posting nonsense, it pisses me off.

17. #57 orangegrovekush, Jun 11, 2013
    calm down bro you are obviously uneducated on weed and live in delusions. And yes i know everything can be addictive but what does that proove? theres a difference between being addicted to cocaine and  addicted to riding a bike. And you think i learn from theccc420? lol. i already knew this before watching them i am just saying im not the only one who believes in this. you think if the cc says they believe in unicorns and have a pet unicorn im going to believe it without evidence?

When did i say EVERYONE who stops smoking weed gets withdrawals? i simply said its possible not definite for everyone wow. why do you keep saying you can get withdrawls from coffee etc idfc and already know.

18. #58 AuhMayZing, Jun 11, 2013

First of all, I live in delusion? Your first post stated that no matter what, you believed in your own personal opinion regardless of facts. Hypocrisy at it's finest. Secondly, a cocaine addiction is a physical addiction - so that has nothing to do with this argument at all, I have no idea what you were trying to even say with that. At this point, I can't determine if you're a troll or really just living in your own little fairytale. You remind me of a child who plugs their ears because they don't want to hear what anyone has to say except themselves.

and what does that prove? that means that saying something is "Psychologically addicting" is meaningless, it holds no value, no argument, nothing. why? because EVERYTHING can be psychologically addicting. Trying to single bud out when everything shares the same quality is just downright misleading. I don't have to say anything else regarding your "withdrawal" theory, I already debunked that.

No, I wasn't saying that if CCC believed in unicorns you would too, what I was saying that you were using them as a reputable source of information, which they're not - a lot of opinions get thrown around on that channel. 

If I call up one of my stoner friends and ask if weed gives you super powers, and they say yes; does that mean it's true because we both agree on it? No, it doesn't.

19. Drop lsd, it takes years of stress off

20. The "dependence" varies based off of your tolerance. For me, I was a daily heavy smoker for years and just decided I want to change jobs. Now, I know if I am going to make this change, I must also stop smoking.

Today is only day 2 and I can tell you I do have actual physical symptoms; headaches, stomach pain, lack of appetite, and the weirdest of all, night sweats.  I woke up last night soaked in sweat, it was absolutely sick but I am pressing on.

You must keep yourself occupied though. For me, I smoked alone all the time and just went to the gym at night after work and came home. Day after day after day after (well you get the point). So right now I'm sitting here on this forum replying to your post, why? I don't know, but for some reason writing seems to help me.

I find it helpful to get a calendar and physically write down activities you want to do and schedule them. Then hold yourself accountable and do them. It could be something as mundane as, "clean my room" or "go buy groceries", but you have to have activities planned. If you are just sitting around by yourself, it's not going to get any easier on you.

I, like you, also moved far away from home and had no friends and lived alone by myself. Miraculously, within a few days of moving to my new location I found marijuana and began to use it to cope with my anxiety. Bad decision. When it is no longer fun and you are doing it just to stay "normal" or "calm" then you have a problem. That's what I was doing but I understand that as long as I keep doing that, I will never solve my problems, move on to another job, or enjoy smoking for the sake of smoking.

Anxiety and depression are self imposed realities. Just tell yourself, "this is not reality, this is withdrawal" and don't worry about whether it's physical or psychological, just understand that it will pass. Take each hour as it arrives and find things to look forward too. Believe me, it's scary and feels like it won't ever stop, but that's just your mind working on you. You (And I) have given it a dosage of medicine every day for awhile now and you have stopped this. Of course you will have side affects from it, but once your body cleanses itself you are going to look back on this and laugh. And eventually, when you do smoke again, you will really enjoy it for what it is, not for what you think it is doing for you.

Hope that helps.