Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Someone Please Help Me :/

Discussion in 'Marijuana Consumption Q&A' started by jigmau, Jun 6, 2013.

1. all i can say and not be harsh is its your fault you smoked too much
    or you smoked so much weed your mind is freaking out wondering where the thc is if you quit cold turkey thatll happen anzitiey its the brains way of having a temper tamtrum of not gertting candy after getting it for so long its going into semi shock nothing to worry about at all AT ALL it will last id say form 3-4 days but less n less with each hour if i were you id get things to play with in your hands small things to chew on like candy or a shrt or somthing keep somthing off your mind watch tv shows on your computer or play games racing games usually get peopls mind off their problems n stuff or eat dark chocolate , dark chocolate has the same chimical in cocaine for happiness so if you eat enough dark chocolate it will make you feel a bit buzzed or rush its not the sugar my friend its the coco bean where cocaine comes from

2. Maybe you're just one of the lucky ones...and you still LIVED with your parents...I was alone in a dark apartment away from any social contact near no one i knew. Everyone's body is different and you can't make assumptions based on your own judgement. I totally agree about the "over-thinking" aspect but the brain can easily become psychologically dependent on something, imho.

3. LOL this guy...
    6/10

4. #24 vap3dg00ds, Jun 7, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 7, 2013
    Hey opie I'm pretty much going through the same thing right now. I'm now 6.5 weeks sober and things do get easier as time goes by. The first 1-2 weeks were so freakin hard I just stayed at home most of the time and avoided going out. I was that anxious/paranoid. I was also going through mood swings, angry, and very irritable. Hell I still felt that way in my 3rd and 4th weeks of sobriety. All of that was accompanied by insomnia which made things 2x worse. I still can't get enough sleep to this day although I'm now in better control of my emotions and the anxiety/paranoia have subsided greatly since those first 2 weeks. I can also relate to the vivid dreams/nightmares you described. Personally I enjoy those. I read online that its the bodies way of detoxing causing one to feel that way. So if weed calmed you down & relaxed you then its going to be the opposite on your way down. I know its hard but in the end its all in your mind.

5. Who said I lived with them?  I was at college and they threatened to stop paying tuition if I didn't pass the tests.  And dude sure anything is possible, I thought I smoked too much one night and that it made the left side of my body stop getting bloodflow.. Why? Who the hell knows. But do you honestly think that you are "psychologically dependent" on THC when there are countless, millions, of daily stoners who take tolerance breaks all the time? Either you're unlucky, or you just have severe anxiety, I'm guessing the latter.  Most likely you're telling yourself, in the corner "oh shit, oh shit, oh shit".  
    All I'm saying is I've known ONE person who claimed to be psychologically dependent on weed in my life.  Turns out he was psychologically dependent on being in a different state of mind all the time, not to THC.  He tripped/rolled/flipped whenever he wasn't high/faded.  He had a problem.  
    On the other hand, my other friend convinced himself he was dying after blazing a quad and tried to call 9-11 until I stopped him.  He had a panic attack.
    In my (non-expert) opinion, you have it in your head that you are dependent on THC.  I haven't smoked in 3 days, I feel fine.  Sure I would like to blaze a bowl, but it's all self control.  Seriously, don't do any other drugs if you honestly think you're dependent on THC, sorry bro, you don't know true dependence.  Try painkillers every day all day for a month then quit.  Let me know how that works. I still think you're overthinking.  The only times that I have thought bad things high I panicked.  Just kick it bro, blaze with homies and stuff.
    BE A LONELY STONER NO MORE. 

6. Want me to quit for a month just to prove you wrong?  I've done it before and experienced no "withdrawal".  I smoke weed every day because anything that I'm doing sober could be just that much better high.  I smoke because I love weed.  I smoke cigarettes because I feel like I need to.  Solid difference, five bucks says you've never actually been "addicted" to anything.  If you had, you would know what I mean when I say weed is not addictive.  I can quit weed whenever the hell I want, but I struggle with nicotine.  Seriously, I haven't even thought about vaping/smoking/eating weed since I have started my tolerance break and I am active on a weed related forum.  

Also, a long time ago, I had surgery and was on pain killers every day, all day, for 2 months.  When I ran out I would break into random tears, cold sweats, and nausea.  I remember going to school a week after being off of ills, being bumped in the lunch line, and turned around to beat the shit out of the kid.  Now that's an addiction.  Not this bullshit "I wana get high" addiction.  

How the hell can you rep Mr. Marley with this kind of look on weed.  The buffalo soldiers would have you hung.

7. Just don't think about bad thing , otherwise they'll happen. Just be positive and go out with friends/for a walk/workout more often , that's it. (I've been in almost the same situation)

8. Don't listen to these ppl!. Marijuana is being used for medicinal purposes, like anxiety, depression, ect. I know, I have experienced the same things when trying to stop, If someone is able to stop using anything that there body is physically dependent on, you are going to have some side effects, some more severe than others, but if anyone tries to say that they quit anything they were dependent on w/o problems, God must have laid his golden hand on them and they were blessed, cause it is NOT normal to drop any habit easily. Keep your head up brother, BIG PROPS to you cause I know it's a struggle. 

9. I am an 6 year clean addict, I smoke because I need to, to tolerate ignorance, anxiety, ect. You are in a huge pile of denial if your minor pain pill addiction did that to you, you are addicted just like everyone else.

10. #30 MileHighPotHead, Jun 7, 2013
    I smoke weed (aside from fun) for my chronic pain and anxiety. I broke my back at 12 years old and then compound fractured my arm at 15. I have no physical feeling in my left arm (shoulder to fingers) but get phantom pain. Also because of my broken back all of my ribs on my ribs side protrude into nearby organs causing unaanted pain/pressure. Weed helps, but I can still quit. All I was saying is that weed isn't addictive if I can smoke all day every day and quit like its nothing and the fact that I was only on painkillers for two months and I felt like I was dying. I was only 12 during this so maybe that was the problem.

Oh yea and on top of that, they gave me a stomach ulcer. The only bad thing weed has done for me was a collapsed lung, but this was probs caused by cigs.
    I do not think I'm in denial. Give me a way to prove it to you and I will. I can walk 500 ft and get weed from my dispense. Want me to quit? Word. Anything to get you all over this weed is addictive bullcrap. If you're not strong enough to quit, don't smoke it's that simple. All weeds "addiction" is is mental. Basically nut up, put your lighter down, and take a break. It's not hard.. On the other hand almost every other drug is physically addictive, cigs included. All I'm saying is that when you mind fuck yourself into thinking you need something that isn't addiction, that's from over thinking. If you just found other things to preoccupy your time there would be no "withdrawals". Hell those aren't even withdrawals. Now if you were puking constantly, shaking uncontrollably, crying without reason, couldn't stomach food, ect then maybe id think you were going through withdrawal.. Not sitting in your room doing nothing wishing you were high..

11. When someone uses any psychoactive drug to cope or cover things up; it will not end well when they have to remove the substance. Marijuana itself is not physically addictive. See a psychologist to get to the bottom of these issues.

12. That's why marijuana should not be a gateway. You should seek some help or find some really good friends.

13. #33 Tammm, Jun 7, 2013
    Honestly, the weed, I have to admit I've started as a getaway drug, to get away from all sorts of mental issues

It's calming, for sure, and helps with meditating definitely

Not for long, because your problems are something that you can't hide or keep in the dark, they catch up and crawl up on you when you least expect, the longer you put em off the harder they hit eventually

I went through heavy shit when I was young, and didn't decide to talk to a health professional about all my issues until my early 20's, it wasn't until years later in my early 20's when I felt like I simply couldn't wrap my head around the shit that I'd gone through as a young kid and just wasn't capable of dealing with it all on my own any more 

After talking to a health professional, I felt a huge relief, they prescribed meds, for depression and shit, and I tried em for a month but, just felt much better off those meds, felt stronger without em also

I kept close ties with the health professional which congratulated me on being able to stop the meds on my own, this health professional, may have saved my life with just her time and conversation

I had to take care of my mental state, and gain peace of mind before I decided that I really won't ever stop smoking herb, just always gotta make sure it is in moderation, USE IT, DON'T ABUSE IT

Your brain is a powerful organ, you'd be surprised how strong you can be once you are determined to find your peace of mind and apply yourself to achieving your goal

OP, don't give up, I have faith in you!!!!!!

14. Withdrawal sucks dude. You just have to push through it. Trust me once you take your first toke after your break (or whatever you are doing) its going to feel much better. Now one thing I have to say is that if you are using weed to cover up emotions and depression from your normal life.. well thats not the answer. Getting high to cover up emotions is an awful thing to do to yourself. It would be better if you were to sort out any issues you may be having before you get high. Besides, getting high when you are in a happy state is the best way to be high in my opinion. Hope you feel better soon!

15. You have a mental illness. Nothing wrong with it. I do too. Now get to a fucking psychiatrist!

16. i cant feel bad the OP with a username like that (says the guy named turdhole)...taking two racial slurs and combining them does not cancel out one another

17. I have no idea what you're talking about LOL. Going much better over here btw :p

18. #39 orangegrovekush, Jun 8, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 8, 2013

19. #40 Wiggibow, Jun 8, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 8, 2013
    you are uneducated one. EVERYTHING IN EXISTENCE has the potential to be psychologically addictive. stop spouting unformed nonsense