Someone help me out?

Discussion in 'Real Life Stories' started by DeglazeThatPan, Mar 28, 2009.

1. So, I have been feeling kinda depressed lately, just because I have been struggling in school a little bit..not so much because of hard classes, just because I can't study! I just can't sit down long enough and focus on a subject to actually get anything done...

So, my friend gave me a 30 mg adderall XR and I took it this morning before going to classes.

It made me calm down a bit, and I was able to completly ACE both a math and Latin exam. I completed a lab in Chemistry REALLY fast, and I think I did well on it.

So, I am going to talk to my dad today about going to a doctor/psychiatrist? to see about maybe getting a prescription.

I don't think I would need to take it everyday...but prob a few times a week. Do you think if I just tell my dad/my doctor all that stuff up there that it will be enough? I don't want either of them to think I just want drugs. I honestly just felt so much better about myself, and I feel like I could do WAY better in school.

Do you you think I'd be a candidate for adderall/vyvanse or SOME sort of amphetamine like medicine?

Thanks GC

2. id say just go to your dad and come out with everything you just wrote. depression can get real fucking bad and sometimes pills can help. if addies can help you get your school shit done then just tell your dad a friend gave you one to help and you felt better, shit was easier etc. wouldnt think it be a big deal. ive never heard of anyone using addies to get any sort of high. just for school or driving or to stay awake

3. Adderall Helps and is great for test weeks, papers, SAT,ACT, and stuff like that but for stuff like studdying you can usually clear problems with focusing with just normal stuff. Like if theres something you wanna do instead of studdy and its distracting you when you try. Do it for a bit and then study; and jsut regulate ur time frm there. I had the same problem dude and I graduted frm a College/High School system with my Associates Degree and High School Diploma my senior year. Just figure out whats fuckin with your focus and take care of it. But if you can get the adderall go for it Ive heard it helps a ton.

4. Yeah, my dad has a lot of anxiety/add issues too. So, I'm predisposed to it I guess. I talked to him and he totally understood, so now I gotta convince him to pay for it :D haha

The thing that makes me feel like I have ADD or something is like....The addy made me like calm down and shit...I didnt get twitchy or hyper..I just like mellowed out and fucking DID stuff. I did my work and I read and I talked to people...idk.. anyone ever have a reaction to it like that?

5. I don't like taking all those drugs they're really terrible and not the way to go. I would suggest not going to a psychiatrist either, they don't fix problems they just prescribe drugs and get you hooked to them. I suggest seeing a therapist or psychologist, STAY AWAY from psychiatrists!

6. I dunno, man. That shit's weird. Have you tried blazing a little bowl? I find it helps me concentrate because I get into the work much more. Shit, I think I've done more studying blazed this year than sober and I've got a 4.25 GPA.

7. Damn. 4.25 is pretty high lol. No, I think it gets way worse when I get high...haha. Everything feels too good to be reading text books
    :smoking:

So far, adderall is the only thing that made me feel so good/studious. I'm gonna just go to my regular doctor and talk to him about some diff. options...Vyvanse, Adderall, Ritalin etc.

But yeah, I mean 1 or 2 pills a week isn't too bad I don't think... My step mom was taking so many uppers and downers at one point it was scary. 3 different pills to calm her down, and 2 to keep her awake, then another to put her asleep. She was a zombie.

8. Shit man, I'd steer clear of adderall... Went through a phase where me and my mates would snort ritalin... shit gives you a wicked buzz, but i always just felt shit after, and if we ran out, i'd just feel shit for a few days.
    Just my personal experience on the matter....

9. i used addys last semester, never got any sort of jitters or twitches. just felt more awake and ready to do stuff. id take 15 to 20mgs in the afternoon/evening stay up all night drinking and burning with buddies. get to work on a paper at 3 or 4 in the morning (from start to finish, no work on them previously) get it done in an hour or two for my 9:00 class. then roll up a couple more joints, grab my longboard and go up to this one hill and watch the sunrise up over mtns. then shred back to campus, grab some chow. and turn in an A paper.

10. Chemicals = bad
    Herb = good

If God gave you a brain that can't focus, then thats how you were meant to be! You just wont have a job where you sit at a desk 24hrs a day. Be thankful that you aren't a robot!

I am the same way you are, I just decided that if I cant focus, then I cant focus!
    Get what ever education you can stand and get a high action job. :)