Someone give me a correct answer please

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by DoublebakeDD, Mar 31, 2012.

1. What's up everyone? I've been asking the same question lately, and have received copious amounts of helpful advice and recipes, but there is still one thing I am unsure of. Here's the deal: I followed a recipe that contains peat-moss, worm castings, perlite, and lime. And have that all mixed in a bucket. Is this a sufficient growing medium as-is? Or do I have to get a soil/soiless mix to add to it? I have 10 seedlings germinated and planted in peat pots and want to plant the other half into my soil mix to see which grows better. Finally the last question I have is after my seeds are germinated and planted, do I wait until they begin to sprout to turn the light on or can I put them under as soon as they are planted? Thanks for any advice, sorry if a bunch of people posted similar threads, I'm using an iPod and it's hard to find the right threads. Thanks again

2. im not gonna comment on someone elses recipe...if its a "recipe" then its proven to work for someone....as far as the second question...you wanna put them under lights as soon as you put the seed in its grow medium...

3. [quote name='"buddogmutt"']im not gonna comment on someone elses recipe...if its a "recipe" then its proven to work for someone....as far as the second question...you wanna put them under lights as soon as you put the seed in its grow medium...[/quote]

Right, so it's probably good as is. I wasn't sure if the recipe was just additives for a soil I have to use as a base. Sweet thanks man.

4. The one solo soil grow I did I used 60% FFOF and 40% perlite. Gals did really well. That is kind of weird that there's no soil in that recipe, but I'm a noob.

5. What you have is "soil less". It should work just fine as is.

6. [quote name='"todderfran"']What you have is "soil less". It should work just fine as is.[/quote]
    Ohh okay thanks!