Someone bought me nutes, any good?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by PuffDaddy420, Dec 28, 2012.

1. #1 PuffDaddy420, Dec 28, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 28, 2012
    They just randomly got them and handed them to me, so are these any good? I haven't used nutes yet since I haven't bought any yet. But will they work? Because I know the 6-12-6 means something. Any input accepted, lol so I don't put these in and hurt my babies if they're bad.

Attached Files:

2. I personally wouldn't use them. Not that they won't work, but anything that I can't control the release of I don't use. Just like Miracle Grow with time released nutes. The numbers are N-P-K ratios.

3. Listen to Jerry. he always gives really good advice, and is never a dick about it The fact you even have to ask makes us think you need to acquire a little more knowledge on the subject.

No good.

4. [quote name='"todderfran"']Listen to Jerry. he always gives really good advice, and is never a dick about it The fact you even have to ask makes us think you need to acquire a little more knowledge on the subject.

No good.[/quote]

I'm not, I'm just looking for a straight answer for if these nutes are any good.
    Because I wanna know before I apply it to them
    Ya know

5. No don't use them.

6. [quote name='"todderfran"']No don't use them.[/quote]

Are they that bad, I was thinking of using them for one plant and keep the other plant all natural.
    See what happens.
    Since I have two, I might as well do a controlled experiment.

7. No I don't think they are horrible, but you wanted a direct answer,and I personally wouldn't use them. For veg you want something with a lot of nitrogen. Which those have a descent amount, but have quite a bit of phosphorus. It's all a learning experience when it comes to growing. And figuring out what works for you. Doing a side by side sounds like a really good idea. That way you can find out for yourself.

8. You will get out of your garden what you put into it; remember that. Those are basically an all purpose chemical fertilizer smashed/compressed into a "stick" form. When you insert them into your (soil?) they will create "hot spots" - such as if you were to dig a little hole and pour fertilizer into it and them cover it up. It creates areas that will burn your roots because there's simply too much fertilizer in one spot instead of spread out as it should be. Whoever invented or markets these things is a total moron.

If you insist on using these fertilizer sticks I would suggest dissolving them in little bit of water before using them. This will at least spread the fertilizer out a little bit Instead of having all in one spot.

You can do much better. Again - you get out of your garden what you put into it.

J

9. Sounds like your mind was almost made up about the nute befor eyou posted, but NO i wouldnt use them!

10. [quote name='"jerry111165"']You will get out of your garden what you put into it; remember that. Those are basically an all purpose chemical fertilizer smashed/compressed into a "stick" form. When you insert them into your (soil?) they will create "hot spots" - such as if you were to dig a little hole and pour fertilizer into it and them cover it up. It creates areas that will burn your roots because there's simply too much fertilizer in one spot instead of spread out as it should be. Whoever invented or markets these things is a total moron.

If you insist on using these fertilizer sticks I would suggest dissolving them in little bit of water before using them. This will at least spread the fertilizer out a little bit Instead of having all in one spot.

You can do much better. Again - you get out of your garden what you put into it.

J[/quote]

It says on the box,
    "Won't burn plants"
    So........?

11. So you believe everything on a package is the truth, not a marketing scheme?

You say you are just looking for a straight answer, Jerry has given you the answer twice, yet you argue it? Well then, by all means, use them and find out for yourself.

I do not understand when someone comes looking for answers, then argues the answers they get. Its obvious the only answer you wanted is "Man, those look awesome, you should definitely use them, you will yield a pound per plant with them". So there it is. Peace.

12. #15 PuffDaddy420, Dec 28, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 28, 2012
    [quote name='"BadAxe"']

So you believe everything on a package is the truth, not a marketing scheme?

You say you are just looking for a straight answer, Jerry has given you the answer twice, yet you argue it? Well then, by all means, use them and find out for yourself.

I do not understand when someone comes looking for answers, then argues the answers they get. Its obvious the only answer you wanted is "Man, those look awesome, you should definitely use them, you will yield a pound per plant with them". So there it is. Peace.[/quote]

Damn, I thought the city was a positive place to go to for answers. That was pretty douchy with That last remark dude.

And I'm not going for a huge harvest, even if its 2 grams, ill be fine with it.
    First grower here lol

13. OP is confused and has zero knowledge. The package says "wont burn plants", then hearing it will burn plants. more questions are going to arise.

No, don't use them. By the time you're half way through, if you've done any reading, you'll wish you started a different way.

Listen to Jerry and read up on his link, I barely ask questions because a lot of the literature available can answer it for you.

14. And I'm not going for a huge harvest, even if its 2 grams, ill be fine with it. First grower here lol

And that is why we are trying to help you out right the first time. It's all good though have a nice day!

J

15. It is a positive place. He's just trying to see that you get the best out of what you do. A lot of products that are marketed like that will mess up your plant. Kill it even sometimes. You have to make sure you control the nutrient strength even if you want 2 grams :p. If you use those sticks early in the plants life, no guarantees but I'm almost sure it would die.

16. [quote name='"Xosefopo"']

It is a positive place. He's just trying to see that you get the best out of what you do. A lot of products that are marketed like that will mess up your plant. Kill it even sometimes. You have to make sure you control the nutrient strength even if you want 2 grams :p. If you use those sticks early in the plants life, no guarantees but I'm almost sure it would die.[/quote]

My plants are 27 days old.

17. These will probably work as Suppositories considering their shape and size. and if you are bent on using them it is probably a good idea to use the directions below i think you are more likely to survive it than you´re plants

How to Use Rectal Suppositories Properly