Somebody's been munching on my weed (pic)

Discussion in 'Sick Plants and Problems' started by redharlequin, Aug 29, 2011.

1. :wave:

So I go check on Sasha today and I see these weird ass white spots on several leaves and there are these two bugs. I didn't really get a closer look at them, so maybe they were just some random bugs flying around.
    I did some research and to me the spots kinda look like the ones thrips would leave. But not sure.
    Anyone had these/know what they are?

Attached Files:

2. Yeah it looks like thrips hard to be sure though. They are small and very fast and run like a centipede.

3. Hmm could be thrips, I have had those little shites for a while now, got a few ladybird's in there keeping the numbers down as are too far into flowering to use any pesticide or whatever on, they leave a more silvery type trail though as they suck the goodness outta the leaves, thrips are quite visible too, white/yellow and about 1mm long, mainly hang around on top of lower level leaves, have you checked under the leaves for anything odd looking?

4. There's nothing under the leaves or anywhere else for that matter. I read that a garlic/onion extract might help if those are actually thrips. Since it hasn't gotten any worse in bout 12 hours I guess I'll just try that and see what happens. If those are not thrips I honestly don't know. From what I've seen it doesn't look like any deficiency or anything else I could possibly imagine.

5. I've read that too about garlic, also neem oil is meant to detract them. I used 'Provado Ultimate Bug Killer' on some plants in veg and it sorted them out in one night, really recommend the stuff if you can get it, just no good for flowering plants.