Somebody died from weed!! READ!

Discussion in 'General' started by WakkyTabbaky, May 31, 2009.

1. This is FUCKED up!

Steve Dullaghan, who co-wrote the hit single Crash with his band The
    Primitives in 1987, was discovered by friends at his home in Radford, Coventry, after failing to show for a poker game.

The 45-year-old was lying in his bed beside a blood stained pillow and a small amount of cannabis.

Dullaghan, who had been living off royalties from the hit single Crash, was found by his friend Kieron Hayes.

Mr Hayes, 45, of Cheylesmore, said: "I saw him on the Friday and found him on the Wednesday.

"A few friends have a poker night on a Tuesday night and he didn’t show for it.

"I went round there on the Wednesday and as I was walking to the door I had this terrible feeling. He didn’t answer so I broke in through the bathroom and found him in the bedroom.

"A few calls had just gone to answer phone and he didn’t return them and he always returned calls.

"We reckon he had probably died on the Saturday."

He added: "We grew up together. He was a lovely guy, generous to a fault. He spent more time looking after other people than himself, he’d bend over backwards to help anyone.

"He was a great guy and I’m not the sort of person to say that about just anyone.

"He didn’t let on that he was in The Primitives. I would have to blow his trumpet for him.

"He was so laid back, he’d say, ‘What was the big deal?’"

The Cabin Studio in Coventry's London Road where The Primitives recorded Crash
    A toxicology report revealed he had high levels of cannabis in his blood but no other drug or alcohol.

Pathologist Dr Steve Ferryman, based at University Hospital, Coventry, said in a report: "He possibly experienced one or more of the toxic effects of cannabis at the time of death, a fast heart rate and hyperventilating, and this can lead to heart failure."

Dr Ferryman said this resulted in severe pulmonary oedema – an abnormal build up of fluid in the lungs.

The inquest at Coventry Magistrates' Court heard how Dullaghan had been warned he should stop smoking cannabis.
    In a statement his GP Dr Hergeven Dosanjh, of The Jubilee Health Centre, Radford, said the rocker had visited him a month before his body was discovered on February 4 this year.

He stated: "He said he felt slightly out of sorts. He said he was smoking a lot of cannabis and was feeling tired and forgetful.

"I told him to stop taking cannabis."

Dr Dosanjh said Dullaghan suffered from kidney stones but prior to 2005 had not visited a doctor for five years.

Sean McGovern, coroner for Coventry and Warwickshire, recorded a verdict of death due to misuse of drugs.

Steve Dullaghan lived and died at 313 Middlemarch Road, Radford
    Dollaghan’s neighbour, Sonia Dhaliwali, 42, was celebrating her birthday when the body was discovered.

She said: "I just broke down.

"He was the perfect gentleman. He was always helping older people around here with their shopping, fixing their fences or gardening for them.

"And he never told anyone he had a gold disc.

"He used to teach the kids around here to play guitar and he’d do it for free."

Dollaghan's song Crash enjoyed further success in 1995 when it was used for the soundtrack of the comedy movie Dumb and Dumber.

The Smith's singer Morrissey named The Primitives as one of his favourite bands and was photographed wearing a band T-Shirt.

2. Where was this taken from?

3. #3 Turin, May 31, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: May 31, 2009
    Do you actually bleed from heart failure? Cough up blood I guess.... Not that I believe Cannbis is the cause, sounds more like they just wanted to spice up an musician's death or something of alike . RIP STEVE!

4. "He possibly experienced one or more of the toxic effects of cannabis at the time of death, a fast heart rate and hyperventilating, and this can lead to heart failure."

You know what else can cause that? sex, running, playing sports, etc.

Plus it says POSSIBLY.

5. About Bruce Lee's Death

A short time later, Lee complained of a headache, and Ting gave him an analgesic (painkiller), Equagesic, which contained both aspirin and a muscle relaxant. Around 7:30 p.m., he went to lie down for a nap. After Lee did not turn up for dinner, Chow came to the apartment but could not wake Lee up. A doctor was summoned, who spent ten minutes attempting to revive him before sending him by ambulance to Queen Elizabeth Hospital. However, Lee was dead by the time he reached the hospital. There was no visible external injury; however, his brain had swollen considerably, from 1,400 to 1,575 grams (a 13% increase). Lee was 32 years old. The only two substances found during the autopsy were Equagesic and trace amounts of cannabis. On October 15th 2005, Chow stated in an interview that Lee died from a hypersensitivity to the muscle relaxant in Equagesic, which he described as a common ingredient in painkillers. When the doctors announced Lee's death officially, it was ruled a "death by misadventure."

Dr. Langford, who treated Lee for his first collapse, stated after his death that "There's not a question in my mind that cannabis should have been named as the presumptive cause of death."[88] He also believed that "Equagesic was not at all involved in Bruce's first collapse."[89] Professor R.D. Teare, who had overseen over 100,000 autopsies, was the top expert assigned to the Lee case. Dr. Teare declared that the presence of cannabis was mere coincidence, and added that it would be "irresponsible and irrational" to say that it might have triggered Lee's death. His conclusion was that the death was caused by an acute cerebral edema due to a reaction to compounds present in the prescription pain killing drug Equagesic.[90] The preliminary opinion of another doctor, Peter Wu, was that the cause of death could have been a reaction to cannabis and Equagesic. However, Dr. Wu later backed off from this position:

"Professor Teare was a forensic scientist recommended by Scotland Yard; he was brought in as an expert on cannabis and we can't contradict his testimony. The dosage of cannabis is neither precise nor predictable, but I've never known of anyone dying simply from taking it."[89]

6. you know, its actually possible to be allergic to cannabis and cannabis smoke. and directly ingesting large amounts of cannabis-based particulate matter could very well cause your lungs to swell, increase your heart rate because of it, and lead to hyperventilation.

but this is probably just farce. either that or he got so stoned he started to freak out and started panting and due to a presumably extensive drug use, his heart couln't take it.

all speculation, though.

7. #8 steve5006, May 31, 2009
    I'm disgusted by the way reporters behave these days. Especially the Telegraph. Obviously no one at the telegraph fact checked this article before publishing it. There is no record of a Stephen Ferryman MD, or Sean McGovern. If this story had much truth to it then at least Stephen Ferryman woud have a paper record. As a university professor he must publish papers regularly. The only pathologist by that name studies gynecology and seems to be in the US, not coventry where the article reports him to be.

This story is a piece of fiction

8. OK, so one guy has died from cannabis. How many have died from alcohol? Tobacco? Aspirin?

9. i DOUBT that it was JUST from weed. how old was he? and they should look at his health history before jumping to a stupid conclusion like this. If this is true, i guarentee the govt is gunna jump all over it saying how bad weed is and this stuff happens all the time to marijuana users.

10. Sounds like typcial government psycological ops spin or leave out some fact(s) to me. Guy probably had a pre-existing condition then when using cannabis aggravted it (pre-existing condition) negatively via the positive effects of cannabis (marijuana to you media folk) This is not however any different than mixing medications, alcohol use while taking prescribed meds, heart attacks resulting in fatality each year. The twist the facts temptation has been facing the fed gov for many years due to the increasingly positive medical studies performed regarding cannabis. Many of these tests taking place where government political types, self righteous, zealots and other federal level scurge reside, hired them to test and twist it's own lies for many years. In other words, the truth about cannabis is out more so than many realized. They want to quickly find some concrete proof that cannabis is fatal. They say the truth shall set you free. The truth about cannabis is that on the chance any healthy, normal person could smoke a joint or bowlful of pot then kill over, is becoming the lie exposed that anti cannabis types feared the most.

Peace,
    FG

11. Exactly. This article is bullshit.

12. Weed wouldn't hurt noone.

13. Im sure theres more that caused his death than just weed. You can be allergic but to the point of it being fatal would be 1 in trillions. In short, even if there are some who die from it, its still the safest drug out there.

I was half expecting this to be from the onion

14. Probably the smoke.

15. It might be bull, i just posted it when i read it. Im sorry :(

16. Hey man, thanks for posting I don't believe anyone was coming down on you for doing that. I hope that my comment did not come across as such. :eek:

Peace,
    FG

17. #18 gloppypop, May 31, 2009
    He probably had an underlying heart condition or something..

After some research, I agree with this. The only record of them is from this stupid story..

18. Nah man. I wasn't hating on you for posting it. No need to apologize. I would like an apology from the Telegraph, the reporter and any other news authority who carries this story. I believe that since the media has the trust of many people that they have a responsibility to carefully fact check everything that is published.

Since news athorities do not take the due responsibility could someone who is in the media please run a story on my coronation as Supreme Emperor of all I see. Feel free to quote falsified experts to support the validity

19. Unless I have solid evidence of this happening, where this article originated from and autopsy reports, i wont believe it.

I call bullshit on the reporters.

"trace amounts of cannabis"

..thats like me dieing and have trace amounts of asprin in my system and saying that was definitely the cause of death.