Somebody -- another poem

Discussion in 'The Artist's Corner' started by IGotTheCottons, Jan 18, 2003.

1. Somebody

Everybody goes through some hard times.
    One day or another they need a hand.
    Everybody needs some help sometimes.
    A loving heart, or a shoulder to cry on.

But where's my somebody?
    My ear to listen, my friend to care.
    Where is the one who is always there?
    My one to confide in.

Oh where is the one who understands my pain?
    Who can save this run-down man from the pouring rain?
    Where is the one, the one to comfort me?
    When all I need is an ear to listen...
    And a heart to care.

2. Sounds like somebody's singin da blues to me! Nice flow and liked the way it lays out on the page too!
    Da"Keep Um Commin"Captn

3. i wrote that a while back when i was feeling a bit lonely... it was originally meant to be a song, but i couldn't figure out what to do with it, so i converted it into a poem.

all of my poetry is very honest, and usually speaks of what's on my heart at the time... but some ya gotta kinda think about to get to the real meaning (like "Stones", or "The Journey")

4. *bump*

I just wanted to get some of my older stuff up here for some of the newer blades who weren't around when I first posted 'em...

Lemme know what ya think guys...

5. im stalking you.........

6. Uh oh

*runs and hides*

7. mmmmmmmmmmmuuuuuuuuuuuaaaaaaahhhhhhhhh.........***TAKES ANOTHER PROZAC****

****STABS WITH FINGER.......................IN EYE********

8. Yeh man, I'm feelin that lonely blues right now to. But we all cope with hard shit, nice poem. :smoke:

9. I been havin those blues again too... I used to write to help me understand myself a bit more... But I guess when I found myself I kind of lost the need to write, and thus my inspiration had left me... It still hasn't returned either :(

Oh well, I hope your blues go away soon.

And Bubbles... Why would you go and poke me in da eye?

*kicks bubbles in the shins and runs for his secret spot at the lake*

10. I've found it's impossible to force yourself to complete a work of art. Or even start one for that matter. Some days the simplest of doodles can turn into full fledged masterpieces. Other days I couldn't draw if my life depended on it. Poetry is quite the same.

11. I know what ya mean. There were days when I'd want to write, but it just wouldn't come... Then there were the days when I'd just sit and get a verse or two in my mind, write 'em down, and come up with a nice poem... Sometimes it wouldn't even be a verse, but more or less an idea for a conceit. Some way of relating a story to my life, and putting it in poetical form.

I really enjoy writing in a way that when everyone reads the poem, it means something different to each person. That's the beauty of metaphores :D

12. yeah being sad sucks ass............ cotton check the tatoo post damn it

13. Dude... You're everywhere... How can I not keep up with you???

I know... You're all manic 'cause you ate a bunch of prozac... That's it, aint it?

CHEATER!

14. Careful though. If you get too manic, a bout of depression usually follows. I'm bi-polar, and usually the longer, more intense my manic phase, the harder, and worse the depression would hit.

I'm not so bad now. I've changed a lot about how I view/think about things, and it's really helped. I stopped taking my pills 'cause I don't like feeling like a zombie.

15. yeah man thats some serious shit....i hate bi/polor disorder it fucks with people to bad.....