Some things I learned . . .

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by gonnagrow, Jun 13, 2005.

1. First grow and all the help here was invaluable. Just a few quick, simple points on what I have learned.

1) Set up your room BEFORE you get plants in it

2) You WILL run out of room :)

3) It WILL stink up your whole house

4) UNDER nuting your plants is better than over nuting

5) If you use HID lighting you WILL have heat issues without ventilation

6) Females that go hermie . . . if chopped down early enough, dried and cured properly . . . will get you unbelievably stoned

7) Cure PROPERLY, the difference in high's is undeniable

8) Harvesting is fun but A LOT of work . . . messy and sticky too :D

9) HEALTHY MJ plants can take quite a beating . . don't be afraid to experiment in learning

10) READ everything here at the city then go back and re-read it . . so much knowledge here

11) DON'T TELL ANYONE YOU GROW . . if you have already . . . LIE and make up a sob story lol . . . no discussion on this one

Yes I'm still a noob grower but maybe a few snippets may help others. Just a few off the top of my head /cheers all

Gg

2. Sound advice and I agree entirely!

3. I agree with everything besides #6..
    From my experiance if you harvest a hermie before it has started seeding itself the plant is immature and doesnt have nearly as much THC as a full mature female would, and if you wait too long it would seed itself and you'd get crap weed.

Everything else is great advice all new growers should abide by.

4. I few people know I grow... But they're trust worthy. I bribed them with some of the harvest. Only 2 people other than myself have the slightest idea of where to look for them. They're my best friends though, and helped me plant them, so it's ok if they know.

I told everyone else they're dead... ;) Won't they be surprised come fall/winter lol.

5. I figure that after the first grow with a harvest, you learn all of those things ( except no.6 lol).

great advice for newer growers :D :wave:

6. does it really stink up your whole house?

7. If you let it go with no odor control it will stink the high heavens. At least mine did.

I'll have to post a pic of the sweater gift box I have been smoking out of for the past month. It contains the Kush x Amsterdam Flame that went hermie on my last grow. I hacked it down, stuffed it in this box, covered it and let it sit for 2 months or so . . . it's almost as good as the primo buds I harvested.

Maybe I got lucky :D

Gg