Some stupid co2 questions :)

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by w0034, Mar 3, 2013.

1. So my grow is 12 legal plants, 6 1k lights with xxxl hoods. I'm not using co2 yet, but want to add it with a co2 generator. I'm reading in other threads about people with 'sealed' rooms. Does that mean they have no intake for fresh air? If they are exhausting, where is the exhausted air being replaced with...air from where?

My temps are running pretty good at 77-79 degrees with an 8" exhaust fan running through all 6 hoods pulling through a filter sucking out the room air. I have a 10" intake vent from outside.

I was thinking of getting a co2 controller that would shut the exhaust fan off when the co2 generator kicks on in 15 or so minute intervals. I was thinking the chhc-4 controller from sentinal with a 4 burner generator. I have about 200 sq ft of room space.

Thoughts?
    w00

p.s. I'm not sure what to expect for gains from the co2 increase. Better to expect little and be surprised I suppose. I'm scrogging in 2x2' square screens, yielding around 8-10z per girl with time around 9 weeks. 7 gallon pots. After talking to an experienced buddy last night, I am seriously considering jumping to 10gallon buckets, with 3x3' screens.

2. I think he's right about the screens, the 2x2 will fill up fast. I think you have a solid plan with co2. You don't want it exhausting out of your room.