some sort of deficiency??

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by Dennisg34, Mar 20, 2012.

1. Nononono. That is way too high for soil. 6.2-6.5 is what you're aiming for, so you need to start bringing it down. You can try a flush, there's nothing to it. Whatever the volume of your pot is, put twice that much water through it. It's a good idea at this point, you need to get back to normal quick before she gets any sicker. Keep a close eye on the pH of the soil now, what kind of tester did you get?

2. [quote name='"KamelRedLight"']Nononono. That is way too high for soil. 6.2-6.5 is what you're aiming for, so you need to start bringing it down. You can try a flush, there's nothing to it. Whatever the volume of your pot is, put twice that much water through it. It's a good idea at this point, you need to get back to normal quick before she gets any sicker. Keep a close eye on the pH of the soil now, what kind of tester did you get?[/quote]

I got this non battery one from loses, them a whole PH kit from my local hydro store. So i think i have a ten gallon, i have to let 20 gallons through it!? How?? Through my shower or something??!

3. No, that can't be ten gallons. I can't tell, is that a typical 5 gallon bucket, probably about a foot and a half tall? I actually have done it in my shower once in a pinch, but personally I wouldn't again. I'd just do it outside. You don't have to be exact either if you don't have another bucket to use to measure, just make sure you flow a lot of water through it and out the drain holes.

I'm almost worried about flushing though. What could you have put in your soil to make it that high? Double and triple check the pH, she's already in flowering and I'd hate to wash away her nutrients. Most fertilizers bring pH down, so does molasses as I understand it, and you have pH down solution as well now. I almost wanna say try and bring it down by feeding...

4. It's not a 5 gallon bucket, it's a huge pot i got at the hydro store. It says on the bottom, I'll check when i get outta work. And i tested like 10 times lol. And i added PH up to.the molasses water and fed it like that

5. Oh wow ok. It's hard to tell from the pics. But yeah, don't pH up it if your soil is already too high. 7-8 is a huge range, can you be more precise? You might be able to get away with just a light flush and then just feed to bring pH down.

6. [quote name='"KamelRedLight"']Oh wow ok. It's hard to tell from the pics. But yeah, don't pH up it if your soil is already too high. 7-8 is a huge range, can you be more precise? You might be able to get away with just a light flush and then just feed to bring pH down.[/quote]

It was a non battery soil tester of fertility and ph. PH was at like between 7-8 (if i did correctly) and fertility was at 6?

7. Not sure what fertility translates to, PPM I'm guessing. But forget that, pH is the problem here. I'm going to say flush with one pot's worth of water and test it again. If you can get below 7, nutes and your slightly acidic water should bring it down to a safe level. 6.2 to 6.5 is the best range. Flush as soon as you can too, you're flowering and you wanna get her back on track as soon as possible!

8. Here's what you need to know about calcium deficiency:

Calcium (Ca) -Macro Nutrient and an Immobile element.

Calcium is another important element that helps the plants cell walls, cell division in making the plants stems, stalks, branches stronger, as well as contributing to root growth, mostly the newer root hairs, Calcium also helps enhancing the uptake of K in the the plants roots. Calcium moves really slow within the plant and tends to concentrate in roots and older growth.

When plants exhibit a Calcium deficiency the younger leaves are the first to show it as well as older leaves. The Leaf tips will die back, the tips may curl, and growth of the plant is stunted. The plant can show a weakness in the stems and branches, as well as a under developed root system that can lead to bacteria problems with roots dieing off. Having slow plant transpiration rates can aggravate the uptake of calcium. Make sure your soil isn't very acidic, for calcium gets harder to be absorbed through acidic soils, Which leads to having a plant that is deficient in Calcium. The leaf tips, edges and new growth will or may turn a yellow/brown colour that happen in spots and often surrounded by a sharp brown outlined edge and then the leaf tips die back. If too much calcium is given at an early stage of growth it can stunt the growth of your plants. Having to much of calcium will also flocculate when a concentrated form is combined with potassium. The parts affected by a calcium deficiency are the roots. Stem or petiole, young or old leaves.

Too much Calcium will lead to other micronutrient deficiencies. Calcium fixation is caused by many types of mediums such as: clay soils, unbuffered coco and humus. The lime tends to bond to these soils very easily. The stems of the plant will not be able to hold the plant up and will exhibit a white brown in between the veins of the leaves when having too much calcium. Also having to much potassium and or nitrogen will cause a calcium lockout.

Problems with Calcium being locked out by PH troubles

Very acidic soils with excessive potassium, dry and or wet soil. Lack of calcium in the soil may cause too acidic soil. This may cause to Mg or Iron deficiency or very slow stunted growth

Soil

Calcium gets locked out of soil growing at ph levels of 2.0- 6.4
    Calcium is absorbed best in soil at a ph level of 6.5-9.1 (Wouldn't recommend having a ph of over 7.0 in soil) anything out of the ranges listed will contribute to a
    Calcium Deficiency.

Hydro and Soil less Mediums

Calcium gets locked out of Hydro and Soil less Mediums at ph levels of 2.0- 5.3
    Calcium is absorbed best in Hydro and Soil less Mediums at ph levels of 5.4-5.8 (Wouldn't recommend having a ph over 6.5 in hydro and soil less mediums.) Best range for hydro and soil less mediums is 5.0 to 6.0. Anything out of the ranges listed will contribute to a Calcium Deficiency.

Solution to fixing a Calcium deficiency
    To fix a calcium deficiency you can treat by foliar feeding with one teaspoon of dolomite lime or Garden lime per quart of water, Or Any Chemical/Organic nutrients that have Calcium in them will fix a Calcium deficiency. (Only mixing at ½ strength when using chemical nutrients or it will cause nutrient burn!)
    Or you can take crushed up dolomite lime or garden lime in a gallon of water and water it in the soil. 1 to 2 teaspoons per gallon of water, which will be slow acting. Garden Gypsum, which is medium absorption. Limestone, which is medium absorption, Rock Phosphate and Animal wastes which are both medium/slow absorption. Note: Caution when using gypsum to an already acid soil (pH that is less than 5.5) can have a very bad effect on different types of plants by effecting the absorption of soil aluminum, which is poison to plant roots.

Now if you added to much chemical nutrients and or organics, (which is hard to burn your plants when using organics) you need to flush the soil with plain water. You need to use 2 times as much water as the size of the pot, for example: If you have a 5 gallon pot and need to flush it, you need to use 10 gallons of water to rinse out the soil good enough to get rid of excessive nutrients.