some sort of deficiency??

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by Dennisg34, Mar 20, 2012.

1. My plant is 30 days into flower, home leaves are starting to look like this. Any idea on what it is, how to treat, and if it will affect yield? If you wanna see whole grow check out my sig

Attached Files:

2. Terrible pic! But from what I can see it looks like a Calcium deficiency.

3. put them in the sun when you take pics so artifical light doesnt distort it

4. Basically they're spotting yellow and lime green

5. Need some feeding info. What, how much, how often. What's the pH? Where did it start, top or bottom leaves, stems or edges? A better pic would be good too. From that, it looks like nute burn.

6. Not nute burn cause I'm not using nutes. Every other watering she gets regular water, then molasses water. 2tbps. Idk ph, i just leave.water to sit 24 hours Nd i boil it.

7. And idk if it started top or bottom, not all the leaves,mostly top, only about a dozen or so

8. #8 KamelRedLight, Mar 21, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 21, 2012
    pH is really important, I suggest you get something to test that right away. If pH is off, certain nutrients, even if they are in the soil, will be "locked out" from the roots and they can't absorb them. The fact that it's mostly at the top suggests an immobile element, and my guess is calcium as well. I had trouble with it a few times. It's easily locked out by low pH, and it causes spots. Again, gotta check that pH to know for sure what's wrong!

Also, what's the humidity? Could it be a kind of mold? Have you seen any bugs or parasites?

9. [quote name='"KamelRedLight"']pH is really important, I suggest you get something to test that right away. If pH is off, certain nutrients, even if they are in the soil, will be "locked out" from the roots and they can't absorb them. The fact that it's mostly at the top suggests an immobile element, and my guess is calcium as well. I had trouble with it a few times. It's easily locked out by low pH, and it causes spots. Again, gotta check that pH to know for sure what's wrong!

Also, what's the humidity? Could it be a kind of mold? Have you seen any bugs or parasites?[/quote]

I thought if you boil water and let it for 24 hours it should be neutral? And i had aphids couple weeks ago, got rid of them. Idk the humidity. Can't be more than 30-40%

10. I don't know anything about boiling water and pH. I know that'll get rid of any chlorine and bacteria, but I'd imagine dissolved minerals and such would remain. Don't know really. I recommend a cheap thermometer/hygrometer (humidity meter), you can get one for less than 10 bucks at a ton of places, obviously including wal mart. It's always good to know things for sure. So if it's not humidity or bugs, I'd reeeeeeeeally suggest checking that pH. If it's low and that is Ca deficiency, most solutions will solve both problems at once. My favorite was wood ashes from our fireplace. They raise pH and provide Ca as well as other nutrients, and since they're slow acting they help stabilize pH for a while. And they're free! If not that, there are other fixes like dolomite or garden lime, or just a nutrient solution strong in Ca. But I'll say it again cuz you can't stop me, please check the pH!

11. [quote name='"KamelRedLight"']I don't know anything about boiling water and pH. I know that'll get rid of any chlorine and bacteria, but I'd imagine dissolved minerals and such would remain. Don't know really. I recommend a cheap thermometer/hygrometer (humidity meter), you can get one for less than 10 bucks at a ton of places, obviously including wal mart. It's always good to know things for sure. So if it's not humidity or bugs, I'd reeeeeeeeally suggest checking that pH. If it's low and that is Ca deficiency, most solutions will solve both problems at once. My favorite was wood ashes from our fireplace. They raise pH and provide Ca as well as other nutrients, and since they're slow acting they help stabilize pH for a while. And they're free! If not that, there are other fixes like dolomite or garden lime, or just a nutrient solution strong in Ca. But I'll say it again cuz you can't stop me, please check the pH![/quote]

Lol yeah I'll get a little on checker and check my water. I've had grows in the past with the same water and never any problems with the leaves like i do now.

12. [quote name='"Dennisg34"']

Lol yeah I'll get a little on checker and check my water. I've had grows in the past with the same water and never any problems with the leaves like i do now.[/quote]

Ph* whoops auto correct

13. Will the ca def altar my yield?

14. Any def will alter yield.

15. Nononono don't check the pH of the water, you want to check the pH of the soil or the runoff when you water them. Depends what kind of tester you get, but it's all pretty simple. I had one that just took a sample of soil, added some powder that it came with and water, and compare colors like litmus paper. It was accurate enough to save my plants a couple times.

16. Here are some more pics...leaves look worse today, now turning more yellow and dying off kinda crispy?? Weird cause it's not too hot, and def no nute burn

Attached Files:

17. It's not weird if the soil pH is off. I don't know how else to say it. Check it. Now.

18. [quote name='"KamelRedLight"']It's not weird if the soil pH is off. I don't know how else to say it. Check it. Now.[/quote]

Just picked up a soil ph tester

19. And a ph testing kit with ph up and down. Gonna test her soil and water now! It has to be the molasses water cause it's the only thing that can possibly be affecting it as I've never had and problems with my ph ever

20. Well, if i did it right, it said my soil is at about 7-8. And my tap water is at a perfect like 5.5-6. And my molasses water was a little low so i ph upped it and now it's perfect too. So should i flush my plant to kinda get the ph of the soil normal?? And if so, how do you properly flush a plant?? Step by step