Some Small Spots

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by CthulhuDawn, Dec 8, 2008.

1. #1 CthulhuDawn, Dec 8, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 8, 2008
    What's good GC? Any idea of what these little spots could be? It's just one one, and not the other. Anything to worry about?

150243d1228690504-cthulhudawns-first-grow-closet-cfl-soil-homebox-bagseed-pics-img_1407.jpg

2. Bump? None of these spots on new growth. Just these two leaves.

3. not sure what its from but dont worry about it the new growth looks nice and green

4. nute burn, what kinda soil are you using?

5. I would also wonder what type of soil you are using, looks like miracle gro no no .

6. Glad to know all the new stuff is looking nice. This is my first go at this! This is them today.
    IMG_1414.jpg

Ding ding ding! It is Miracle Grow, but it's the "Seed Starting Potting Mix" if that makes a difference. Think there are still just enough nutes in it to burn the one plant a little bit, but not the other? They are from bagseed, so likely different strains.

Here's the info from the back of the bag.
    IMG_1416.jpg

Thanks for all your help!

Attached Files:

7. Sure looks like nute burn to me, but no, I'd say that soil doesnt have what it would
    take to burn. Some strains are super sensitive though. I think your plant will be fine.

You havent added any nutes, or mixed in anything to your soil have you?

What kind of water are you giving it? Straight tap water?

What is the PH of the soil and water runoff?

:bongin: ~Experimentalist

8. #8 CthulhuDawn, Dec 8, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 8, 2008
    :hello:

Nope, no nutes or additives. I'll transplant into something else--but for right now it's MG seed starting.

Yeah, straight tap water. I let it sit in a bowl inside the box for a few days and then water with it.

Not sure, as I don't have a pH meter yet. I've bought so much stuff recently for this setup I guess it's one of the things I haven't really thought of. They're pretty cheap right?

9. Yeah man you can get a light/PH/moisture meter at Lowes for $10. The Ph "strips"
    are like $3 for a bunch of them.

Everything else sounds good.

10. Id change the soil if it continues on new growth, hell your going to have to transplant anyways, id get new soil..

if Fox farm isnt available, go with BLACK GOLD ORGANIC, its what ive been using, and my plants seem to be AOK, Minor defects , but you cant be perfect!

11. Agreed with Merfolk.

I only suggested checking the Ph because I suppose there is a chance that certain
    nutes are getting locked out and causing that issue. Also the leaves seem a little
    twisted, could be classic "Ph Twist"

12. Nute burn, Nute burn, Nute burn.

13. If its nute burn it's a hell of a sensitive strain!

14. I guess I should keep this in mind for when I do start using nutes here in a week or two.

15. How old is this plant?

16. Today is day 12 since they went in the dirt after germing.