Some simple design questions

Discussion in 'Grow Room Design/Setup' started by 12on12off, Mar 8, 2010.

1. The grow cab is the side compartment of a computer desk.
    Height = 20 inches
    Width = 11 inches
    Length = 28 inches

1.) I drilled several holes in the shape of cpu fan on the bottom of the cab (considering it's elevated), if I have 2 exhaust fans on the back of the cab will air be forced up into the cab through these holes?

2.)When mounting a power strip to the side of the cab (for power purposes, not for lighting) would velcro or double sided tape work better?

All suggestions welcomed :bongin:

2. Yes and Yes. Just don't block the intake vent holes. I did a similiar setup and it worked just fine. Your space is way more confined than mine was 10"w x 14"d x 48"h but once my plant filled the space up it was just a solid mass in there. But the fans worked and it had enough fresh air to produce, was it ideal, no far from it but it was what I had to work with.

I've seen velcro used to mount power strips that had plug in type sockets (just a socket with to plugs on it, like the end of and extension cord) holding CFL lights. The velcro allowed the lights to be moved around pretty easy when needed.

3. I mounted a pc fan to a piece of cardboard, then mounted the cardboard on the back of the cab, temps are now down from 90º to 80º :)

I mounted the power strip with duct tape, works just fine, now my setup is alot more organized.

Good vibes GC :bongin: