Some Sick Fuck Shot My Cat

Discussion in 'Real Life Stories' started by SanDiegoStonerz, Aug 1, 2011.

1. #61 SanDiegoStonerz, Aug 2, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 15, 2016
    No. My mom is at work and we don't know many people around here. She will be home in 2 hours so that's the fastest I can get him there.

2. Poor puss..
    OP if you can get there in less than 2hours. fucking walk, pick up the cat and go.
    If its a matter of infection, time is key to beating it. You really don't sound concerned enough...no offense. Call a friend? tell your mom to give him some gas money when she gets back(if you have none) and get him to drive you/and the cat there-your mom should be there by the time there done, or you can explain your situation to the reception at the desk and wait until she gets there to pay. My empathy towards your cat.

3. God cut the guy a break in my town closest vet is like 15+ miles away.

4. Pussy hatin' muthafuckas go to hell

5. Can you take a bus? You wouldn't have to pay until after your mom got there. Like others have said, you need to get him there as soon as you possibly can. That's a nasty wound. Poor kitty :(. He looks like one of my cats. It takes a sick person to shoot people's pets.

6. when i was a kid someone shot my dog with a .22. We never even noticed until he ended up having a tumor and had to get a scan, and they saw a bullet in him.

Now that I am older, I've put memories together and I know exactly who fuckin shot him, if I ever see that fucker again....:devious:
    :ey:

7. Dude what the fuck. Take it to a vet. That will get infected. Im fucking tired of hearing people owning pets when they cant afford to go to the vet if Something serious like this happens, so fucking tired. IF YOU CAN'T AFFORD TO TAKE CARE OF AN PET DON'T GET ONE. It's simple.cool cat btw take it to a vet. That looks like a nasty wound.

8. #68 Jazzyj, Aug 2, 2011
    Dude, read the thread. His mom has money. She just won't be home for a couple hours and OP doesn't have a car.

9. Call the vet then, he needs medical attention, or else he could die from shock/infection regardless of the cost get him to the VET MAN, you never know the RSPCA might even pay for it.

10. Read the first page and he said he wasn't because it woul be a week of work for him, that sounded like he didn't care at all and wouldn't do it. Now that I know, good man making the right decision even if it will cost you money. Your cat will be very happy.
    ---------
    For people considering an animal and you can't afford it think of it like this. Imagine being born into a family that could not possibly afford to take care fo you and feed you. How would you like that?

11. now thats ridiculous. 99% of pets do not get shot with a BB gun. animals have survived on this planet for thousands of years and they don't really need us as much as you would like to think. Cats are low maintenance and basically all u need to is get them their shots then give em food and water and change their litter. I'm sure the OP budgeted for all that and can take care of the cat just fine. YOU couldn't afford to go to your own doctor if it weren't for health insurance, and unfortuantely there is no health insurance for pets and vet bills are astronomically high. Some people don't have thousands of dollars just sitting around for a rainy day, and if they do, they are saving it for themselves of their kids....not some cat with a life expectancy of 12 years. IF vets were really concerned about helping animals, they would provide free services (like Medicaid) to people who love their animal but simply cannot afford the unforeseen expense that arises with a surgical procedure. Not having (or wanting for that matter) to spend thousands of dollars on a vet bill does not and should not preclude you from owning, caring for, and loving a pet. If it weren't for people in that position, thousands more animals would be euthanized due to no homes for them to go to. If you really love animals so much you should be thanking the OP for giving the cat a home in the first place and being concerned about it. Paternalism is not needed here.

12. This.

I feel bad for the cat because it doesn't know any better, but I have no sympathy for the OP. You leave your cat roam the neighborhood and something bad is going to eventually happen. At least it didn't get hit by a car.

13. Welcome to the real world. :rolleyes:

14. #74 SanDiegoStonerz, Aug 2, 2011
    Thank you, that is what needed to be said. I've owned 3 dogs and about 20 cats through my childhood. Some people on this site are just ridiculous.

Edit: for the people saying I should keep my cat on a leash and not let it out of my yard: YOUR RETARDED. Keeping a cat on a leash would be animal abuse Imho.

15. Can you really blame anyone when one of the first things you said in this thread was that you didn't want to pay a week worth of income on a vet bill for your in pain cat? :poke:

If your pet gets hit by a car and it's going to cost a few thousand bucks just to give it a chance at living, then yeah, it's a bit much to be able to expect anyone to shell out that kinda dough on short notice to give an animal a couple more years of life.

But this is the kind of thing that anyone who owns a pet should be able to take care of... you're responsible for that animal, after all.

And I did post a link to a site that lists many organizations that will help with veterinary bills, so money isn't much of an excuse. :confused_2:

16. #76 SanDiegoStonerz, Aug 2, 2011
    Look genius, the cat is going to be fine. He can wait 2 hours... Do you really expect to call like a freaking pet ambulance?? Come On man that's insane. I already said I'll get him to the vet AS SOON AS I CAN.

17. wat he doing now maneee??

18. #78 Nameunknown, Aug 2, 2011
    While I agree with your premise. Many of us don't foresee financial issues in the future when we get a pet. Also, it could have been adopted. Would it be better to let an animal be put to sleep rather than adopt it without fully knowing you could afford any cost that could occur? Just seems like one of those "if the world were ideal" arguments.

I have ran into a similar problem shortly after losing my job. Fortunately, there are other options like reasonable payment plans.

19. #79 SanDiegoStonerz, Aug 2, 2011
    munchies!!!

Attached Files:

20. Yeah I'm such a terrible pet owner, u Internet folks are right. Look at some of them they look soooo unhappy. :rollseyes: