Some questions on a indoor grow room

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by Gambini, Apr 27, 2017.

1. Long story short we bought a tent to stick in a closet . we wanna grow 10 plants all autos. we have lights set up for 20/4 . co2 ready to go but we dont know how to get fresh air.to them . a buddy told me to stick a a/c unit in there but im not buying that . how do i get fresh air in and old air out theres no windows and i was reading on a split a/c but i wanna make sure this shit is gonna go right.
    Thanks.

2. You must vent any larger budding lighting system both to control temps and to change the air in the space. A common method for closets is to dump the air in the attic. With a good size exhaust fan you should get enough air from the screened vent flaps on the tent being open and the interior door frame of the closet not having a seal. If it's really tight to the floor you could cut the bottom of the door up a 1/4" or so. Clamp a straight edge on it and run a circular saw across the bottom of the door.

You will need a good exhaust fan. Apollo makes good large capacity centrifugal fans with variable speed controllers for under $100 that flow up to 450cfm range. They're a little noisy. If you need quiet you'll want a panasonic quiet bathroom exhaust fan. If odors are a concern because you're not legal you'll need a carbon filter. If you search 6" carbon filter fan combo you'll find what you need. I like a speed controller on the fan if you can find one with it to dial in the correct exhaust speed for your setup to maintain temps with the light on.

Also if you didn't run an exhaust fan it would smell like you killed a skunk in your house when the plants bud. Running an exhaust fan all the time keeps negative pressure in the room and doesn't let odors escape. Your house smells good. You won't need an ac unless your home can't maintain 68-70 degrees by itself and your room is larger then personal size. AC's don't provide fresh air.

If you're committed to the co2 system you can run sealed with an ac but you still have to exhaust the room once or twice a day. You don't run CO2 at night either so the exhaust fan would come on then. I wouldn't recommend co2 for personal grows it's too complicated and only boosts veg growth mostly. My plants veg fast enough. If you run two rooms you can veg the whole bud cycle.
    How to Use CO2 to Increase Cannabis Yields! | Grow Weed Easy