Some questions about lights...

Discussion in 'General' started by Σypher, Nov 18, 2017.

1. So i got this: Lyskaster LED | ANSLUT | Jula

5600lm 80w LED, and im just wondering if its a good grow light?
    and whats the "real wattage" of this? i bought some CFLs earlier, and they have both types of wattage on the pack, but this one hasnt.

2. Its probably pulling like 20 real watts. Cant read anything on the link u sent but u need more. And to be sure to cover all utilized spectrums.... 2 more u might be ok but dont go buying 2 more right yet. What did u pay for this? Im utilizing roughly 11000 led lumen per sq ft...

Sent from my LGMS210 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

• Like Like x 1
  3. its pulling 80w electricty, but im not sure how much it gets out.

i paid about 80$ for it. its really big, like 15kg.
    when i sell it in about 6 months, i'll get back most of the money tho.
    i got a very small grow space with an angled roof. im just working on 12 autos, and will be making lots of clones for spring.

4. If its pulling 80 watts led idk how it could possibly be producing only 5600lm... I bet you it is more like 30000

5. Im running a 1000w full spectrum led that produces 90000lm and i paid what you paid for yours. And will need nothing more for lighting... Consider it

6. With led you should focus on par/ppfd, lumens are more related to what humans can see . Ppfd is the amount of photosynthetic active radiation that actually arrives at the plant. The higher ppfd usually the higher the par, but not so much the other way around, that depends on the PPF, which is the rating of how much par is released by the light each second.
    All led companies are gonna give you an equivalent wattage, but if its a good company they will also give you the actual power draw, some even give the entire par/ppf/ppfd measurements. If your details on the light say 2.1 umol/s that would be your ppf.
    The best lights on the market right now are the quantum boards. With great efficiency, the 150w I have has a 2.3 umol/s which gets even higher when dimmed (weird, right ? )

7. Everytime I try and click your link it doesn't load. I'll look it up myself and see

8. i use a hydrofarm quantum ppfd meter to compare lights based on umol/m^2/s at a specified distance between light and plant canopy since manufacturers use Watt to mean different things. lumens are for humans and do not properly reflect the weighted frequency response curve for photosynthesis.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

9. i think it cost all of $100

10. ty guys. getting some great insight. btw, do you know what distance from plants i should place the lamp?

11. the distance depends on heat. for LEDs, i go 10” and shoot for 800 PPFD.

12. the energy used varies with the inverse square of the distance. the closer the lights, the less your power bill.

13. Its different with different lights. Most say 18 inches for veg, and lower for flower. I keep my quantum board at 16-20 for veg and 10-14 for flower depending on how the plants are looking.